This Day in History......

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Williams , a better hitter , DiMaggio, a better all around player , but before I'm beaten up here ,, that's my opinion , the 5 yrs that Williams lost in his prime would of been great numbers , probably would of hit .400 again

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Williams , a better hitter , DiMaggio, a better all around player , but before I'm beaten up here ,, that's my opinion , the 5 yrs that Williams lost in his prime would of been great numbers , probably would of hit .400 again
I wont beat you up. Williams was a hitter. could hit with power , that's all. Joe hit, hit with power, could field and throw ( probably had a better throw than Mays did in the world series ).

I think Mays was the best all around player in MLB history. unfortunately he stayed too long and that damaged his legacy. There are a ton of players up there but Mays was in a league all by himself. I saw him and Mantle play near the end of their careers.

Best pitcher I ever saw.? Hands down Bob Gibson. ( the original intimidator )

floridays

I wont beat you up. Williams was a hitter. could hit with power , that's all.
olroad, The Splendid Splinter had a career batting average of .344.

Only 521 of his 2654 hits where in the seats. He was much more than just a power hitter. All those hits and he wasn't even aware there was a left side of the field. He remains the greatest hitter. That comes from a Yankee fan. My opinion as well.

floridays

Just for you @Covemastah ,

1921At Navin Field in Detroit, Babe Ruth becomes the all-time home run leader when he hits his 139th career blast as a major leaguer. The Yankee slugger's 36th homer of the season, a mammoth shot that travels over 500 feet, puts him ahead of Roger Connor, who connected for 138 round-trippers during his 18 years in the National League.

1976After the Red Sox drops eight of its last 11 games, the fifth-place team (41-45) fire Darrell Johnson, replacing their manager, who led the team to the American League pennant last season, with third-base coach Don Zimmer. Although last year's AL's champs, posting a mediocre 41-45 record and trailing the division-leading Yankees by 13 games, climbed above the .500 mark earlier in the month, they couldn't overcome their poor start, when they lost 15 of their first 21 decisions.

1987With his home run leading off the top of the fourth inning off Jose Guzman in the Yankees' 7-2 loss to Texas at Arlington Stadium, Don Mattingly ties Dale Long's 1956 major-league record by homering in eight consecutive games. Ken Griffey Jr. will equal the mark in 1993 with the Mariners.

1999On Yogi Berra Day at Yankee Stadium, David Cone becomes the 16th pitcher in major league history and the third Yankee to toss a perfect game when he beats the Expos, 6-0. In pregame ceremonies, Don Larsen threw out the ceremonial first pitch to Yogi, commemorating his 1956 World Series perfect game.

Covemastah

July 221991 - U.S.A. Jeffrey Dahmer
1991 : Jeffrey Dahmer is caught and is considered one of the most sadistic serial killers in our time when Dahmer's apartment was searched, the extent of his horrors was revealed, it contained pictures of body parts and the apartment was littered with human remains including human heads in the refrigerator and freezer, there was also evidence to suggest that he had been practicing cannibalism with his victims bodies, he later confessed to 17 murders in all

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
July 221991 - U.S.A. Jeffrey Dahmer
1991 : Jeffrey Dahmer is caught and is considered one of the most sadistic serial killers in our time when Dahmer's apartment was searched, the extent of his horrors was revealed, it contained pictures of body parts and the apartment was littered with human remains including human heads in the refrigerator and freezer, there was also evidence to suggest that he had been practicing cannibalism with his victims bodies, he later confessed to 17 murders in all
wonder if he has some good recipes?

Covemastah

Born on this day,,,,
July 23 1973!!
Happy 47th Sugar Lips !!!
I'm having a cigar in your honor !!!!

7A7F2443-F152-4C1E-8478-8625C626587F.png

Covemastah

July 24 th 1969 - Apollo 11 Safely Returns To Earth
1969 : Apollo 11, the U.S. spacecraft that had taken the first astronauts to the surface of the moon, safely returns to Earth, this fulfilled the dream of President John friend. Kennedy in 1961 when he said "I believe this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to Earth."

Covemastah

June the 29th 1945 - USS Indianapolis Sinking
1945 : I-58 Japanese submarine sinks the American cruiser Indianapolis, killing 883 seamen in the worst loss in the history of the U.S. navy. More than 800 fell into the Pacific many died due to injuries during the sinking but the remaining seamen were left to flounder in the Pacific, fend off sharks, drink sea water it was 84 hours before help arrived and only 318 survived the rest were eaten by sharks or drowned. The USS Indianapolis had just delivered key components of the Hiroshima atomic bomb to the Pacific island of Tinian prior to it's sinking by the submarine.