United Healthcare Replacing Anthem

MassWineGuy

I heard bad things about Anthem, too. But I don't think they were awful.

Just in case, everyone should have contact info to their state's attorney general.

vantexan

Anthem has a lot of different plans. But I heard they are bad about not paying claims.
They were refusing to pay for a $7000 test that was part of my treatment after I had a artery blockage in 2011. I mentioned it here that they denied it twice and within a week got a letter from them saying they had decided to pay it. I think somebody with some clout saw my post.

Star B

White Lightening
Ugh. I liked Anthem, they were decent. UHC was OK..... but I'd rather have Anthem versus UHC anyday.

Now, if we could get rid of Cigna completely, I'd be totally OK with losing Anthem

falcon back

They were refusing to pay for a $7000 test that was part of my treatment after I had a artery blockage in 2011. I mentioned it here that they denied it twice and within a week got a letter from them saying they had decided to pay it. I think somebody with some clout saw my post.
I am sure your post here was the difference

fdxsux

United Healthcare used to administer Fedex’s old plan in my neck of the woods. I never had any problems with them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I bet that's exactly what happened!

DeliveryException

Anthem was terrible for my family. You have to jump through so many hoops and still get denied. At least with Cigna they would let the doctors office do the authorization unlike Anthem that made us deal with that.

We have more issues with OptumRX now just denying coverage for medications that are what they seem to consider too expensive and making them pre-authorization every month and deny on any number of procedural reasons to the point the doctors office or we just give up. I can understand a pain medication a little bit because of addiction possibilities but a cholesterol medication?