United Healthcare Replacing Anthem

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Anthem was terrible for my family. You have to jump through so many hoops and still get denied. At least with Cigna they would let the doctors office do the authorization unlike Anthem that made us deal with that.

We have more issues with OptumRX now just denying coverage for medications that are what they seem to consider too expensive and making them pre-authorization every month and deny on any number of procedural reasons to the point the doctors office or we just give up. I can understand a pain medication a little bit because of addiction possibilities but a cholesterol medication?
Just yesterday I went to have an 'insured' prescription filled. My cost was just over $171.00. Asked them to use one of those free Rx discount cards instead. I ended up paying $11.

Moral of the story: Just because you have 'insurance' doesn't mean that you should use it.

MassWineGuy

Anthem was terrible for my family. You have to jump through so many hoops and still get denied. At least with Cigna they would let the doctors office do the authorization unlike Anthem that made us deal with that.

We have more issues with OptumRX now just denying coverage for medications that are what they seem to consider too expensive and making them pre-authorization every month and deny on any number of procedural reasons to the point the doctors office or we just give up. I can understand a pain medication a little bit because of addiction possibilities but a cholesterol medication?

The more people that die, the lower the company’s health care costs.

Serf

I got the info packet in the mail. Man it’s a lot of reading and of course costs go up basically eating your raise whole.

Serf

Quick question; What happens if you do not select a coverage online? Are you automatically enrolled in what you had last year? Or does it differ somehow?

DeliveryException

I think basically yes, but if you are in an area that has the "Index" version available it will dump you in that one. I think it's called Index, looking at it written here it doesn't look right. It's not available here so I didn't pay much attention to it.