UPS driver killed in hit-&-run 5/27

96Mystic

Prayers for fellow brother and his family

UPS driver killed along Highway 80 in hit-&-run

A hit -and-run driver killed a UPS employee east of Dallas, early Saturday morning. UPS confirmed the driver had been with the company since 1988 and was about to be inducted into the delivery service’s 25 years of safe driving Circle of Honor.

The driver had been in a semi, but pulled over and got out of the vehicle for an unknown reason when he was hit. Several other vehicles also hit the man, but pulled over.

clean hairy

Such a tragedy.
RIP, prayers for his family who he will not be coming home to, and all those who knew him at the Mesquite Hub, and those at his home hub as well.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
The job gets more dangerous every day. Cell phoners, texters, road rage idiots. But to hit someone, and run away leaving him to die in the roadway is the lowest of the low. Absolutely no regard for the sanctity of life.

The job gets more dangerous every day. Cell phoners, texters, road rage idiots. But to hit someone, and run away leaving him to die in the roadway is the lowest of the low. Absolutely no regard for the sanctity of life.
Most likely drunk or high on drugs. Now that person will have to live with this for the rest of their life.

over9five

Staff member
Most likely drunk or high on drugs. Now that person will have to live with this for the rest of their life.
I don't know.... I kind of think it won't affect them at all, because they just don't care.

Best you can hope for is someone to come forward with dashcam video that caught the plate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of this wild speculation with little basis in fact.

Could it have been as simple as the motorist thinking that they had hit a deer or other such animal? How many of us would stop and make sure that the deer was OK?

Dash cam video would be helpful but it may be difficult to pinpoint the time that he was struck or which vehicle(s) struck him.

DriverNerd

Could it have been as simple as the motorist thinking that they had hit a deer or other such animal? How many of us would stop and make sure that the deer was OK?

Not many would care about the deer, but I've pulled over after hitting a deer to check my car for damage before I continued. I expect quite a few drivers would do that.

over9five

Staff member
"Thought I hit a deer".

That's the excuse a lot of people who kill a man and leave the scene use when they get caught later. They can say that tomorrow when the police catch up with them. By then, they'll no longer smell like booze and can pass a breathalyzer...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Thought I hit a deer".

That's the excuse a lot of people who kill a man and leave the scene use when they get caught later. They can say that tomorrow when the police catch up with them. By then, they'll no longer smell like booze and can pass a breathalyzer...

I'm not trying to excuse their behavior by any means.

upssouth

Dash cam video would be helpful but it may be difficult to pinpoint the time that he was struck or which vehicle(s) struck him.

There's no deer where he got hit. Bunch of drunks on u.s. 80 tho

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

Plz ,,, you would know !!!

retupsr75

Can anyone tell me the name of the driver that was killed in the hit and run accident in Forney May 27? I am retired from the Mesquite hub since 2004.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can anyone tell me the name of the driver that was killed in the hit and run accident in Forney May 27? I am retired from the Mesquite hub since 2004.

A quick Google search showed that the name has not been released as yet.

They think he may have become ill and pulled over to the side of the road to vomit as there was vomit on the side of the tractor.