Vehicle shortage

AB831

Due to whatever reason the mechanics can’t (or won’t) fix any of the vehicles, the backlog of out-of-service vehicles is growing by the day. Half of the back parking lot is taken up by out-of-service Sprinters, and many couriers are having to run their routes out of mini van rentals. Will Fat Freddy spring a nickel for new trucks and/or mechanics, or will he send one of his cronies from Memphis down to tell us how much he’s going to need us to “pull together” and be “FedEx strong” this peak season?

falcon back

Due to whatever reason the mechanics can’t (or won’t) fix any of the vehicles, the backlog of out-of-service vehicles is growing by the day. Half of the back parking lot is taken up by out-of-service Sprinters, and many couriers are having to run their routes out of mini van rentals. Will Fat Freddy spring a nickel for new trucks and/or mechanics, or will he send one of his cronies from Memphis down to tell us how much he’s going to need us to “pull together” and be “FedEx strong” this peak season?
LOL. What a shame. Just enjoy the cold air and radio in the rental van.

Same way at brown

FdxVmx

I’m a vehicle tech and I can’t understand what they expect from us. No new vehicles this year. No overtime. No out of service but everything is to be safe and reliable. Oh and with retread tires to shake things up! I know some of us strive to do our best but as you all know it’s never enough. To try and stay sane I remind myself that they are still making money or they would do something about it. It used to be a challenge but now it’s impossible.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’m a vehicle tech and I can’t understand what they expect from us. No new vehicles this year. No overtime. No out of service but everything is to be safe and reliable. Oh and with retread tires to shake things up! I know some of us strive to do our best but as you all know it’s never enough. To try and stay sane I remind myself that they are still making money or they would do something about it. It used to be a challenge but now it’s impossible.
I know you guys fight a losing battle. I definitely appreciate you guys. I know you don’t hear it enough.

AB831

So you guys are basically hogtied and told to make miracles happen? Sounds consistent with everything else in the company.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Sirius Satellite. Best $8 a month you can spend. Channel 18 Beatles all day.
I have an old Stratus with a lifetime subscription. I got that bitch hooked up through a car stereo and speakers made out of an old toolbox with alligator clips for power. I got the wires taped and secured so there is no risk of shorting a wire.

I treat that little setup better than I treat my wife.

scooby0048

You should come work for us. At least you get paid more and there is no underlying expectation S* will actually get fixed.

JJinVA

I thought this was a UPS thread. Seems like everytime I write up a truck they say the parts are either on order or theyll bring one with them next time they come to the center and they never do. Small prob but theres been a license plate light burnt out on a truck since October of last year that I wrote up and still hasnt been changed.

But theres plenty of trucks that need real work. Theres so much tape on my diad cradle that I have to fight the diad in and out at every stop just to get it to quit giving me orange snake eyes

scooby0048

Well that's not very nice. Due to social distancing, we are only allowing one A-HOLE in here at a time and I was here first so...

Last edited by a moderator:

falcon back

I have an old Stratus with a lifetime subscription. I got that bitch hooked up through a car stereo and speakers made out of an old toolbox with alligator clips for power. I got the wires taped and secured so there is no risk of shorting a wire.

I treat that little setup better than I treat my wife.
I have a similar setup. A small briefcase with a stereo and speakers mounted in it
Has an axillary input for my Sirius input. I was gonna buy a lifetime subscription but when they started having money issues before the merger with XM I got spooked.

Star B

White Lightening
Wow, I don't know what world you guys are in but we're doing OK. We need new trucks to replace what's retired but our VMX takes stuff out of service all the time to do PM and fixes what needs to be fixed as quickly as they can.

Remember, Safety above all. If the truck is unsafe, refuse it. Don't let them guilt you. They are only as powerful as you let them

FdxVmx

You should come work for us. At least you get paid more and there is no underlying expectation S* will actually get fixed.

I had the opportunity years ago and stayed with Fedex. I would not make that mistake again. I really thought that things would get better but they have definitely plummeted.

FdxVmx

I had the opportunity years ago and stayed with Fedex. I would not make that mistake again. I really thought that things would get better whe