Vehicle shortage

SmithBarney

Look at you mr fancy pants with rentals... we are down vehicles and told no budget for rentals... PM side sits for hours waiting for trucks...meanwhile all their pickups get shifted to AM drivers(with the trucks needed for PM)

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Sirius Satellite. Best $8 a month you can spend. Channel 18 Beatles all day.

❤ this channel.
Screenshot_20200729-193639_SiriusXM.jpg

bacha29

The experiences (not pleasant) and the horror stories I've read here are such that Express is beginning to sound more and more like Ground and those so called "entrepreneurs "( lol) who provide wheels and grunts.

Remember Ground's maintenance protocol ......."Don't fix it when it's broke.....Fix it when it quits running. ".
If you're not going to buy new delivery trucks.......Then at least buy yourself a wrecker to go out and get your guy so that he might get back home by midnight and not have to spend the entire night in one of those tin coffins.

AB831

Look at you mr fancy pants with rentals... we are down vehicles and told no budget for rentals... PM side sits for hours waiting for trucks...meanwhile all their pickups get shifted to AM drivers(with the trucks needed for PM)
Apparently the PM side at my station has been having abysmal service for the past few months because the couriers can’t get their hands on any vehicles when they come in.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Call em back.

I told her I can't pay more than 5 dollars a month since I like listening to the Magnaflows more.

She agreed.

I bought a car that came with a free trial. Called to cancel since we already have a car with service (All Access) that includes the streaming app, which is what I've always used in my car. Canceling service is like trying to leave the cult of Scientology.

They will hit you with lowball offer after lowball offer. I didn't bite. They canceled me and within a week I got an offer in the mail for 3 months of All Access for $5. As that one was about to expire, I went to cancel again online via chat.

They offered me a year of All Access (best package) for $8.25/month. Declined.
They countered with a year of Select for $5/month. Declined.
Finally offered 3 months of All Access for $2. Accepted.

My wife does the same thing now. If you're paying anything resembling rack rates for satellite radio, you aren't trying. It costs them practically nothing to provide you with service, so anything you pay goes almost directly to the bottom line.

FedexGirl

I carry duct tape - I’ve taped my seat together more than once - I’ve been in vehicles in underdeveloped countries in better shape than my sprinter
I thought this was a UPS thread. Seems like everytime I write up a truck they say the parts are either on order or theyll bring one with them next time they come to the center and they never do. Small prob but theres been a license plate light burnt out on a truck since October of last year that I wrote up and still hasnt been changed.

But theres plenty of trucks that need real work. Theres so much tape on my diad cradle that I have to fight the diad in and out at every stop just to get it to quit giving me orange snake eyes

FdxVmx

I carry duct tape - I’ve taped my seat together more than once - I’ve been in vehicles in underdeveloped countries in better shape than my sprinter

I used to keep an extra seat and rebuild it so I could swap them out. A new seat is $1000 and requires approval The old w700 was $100.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I used to keep an extra seat and rebuild it so I could swap them out. A new seat is $1000 and requires approval The old w700 was $100.
700s are still the best trucks FedEx ever bought. I was sitting in my truck one day on break when a guy walked up and started talking. He said he was on the design team for them. He spouted a lot of info about them. I told him to tell his team that everyone who drives them regularly, loves them.

HedleyLamarr

700s are still the best trucks FedEx ever bought. I was sitting in my truck one day on break when a guy walked up and started talking. He said he was on the design team for them. He spouted a lot of info about them. I told him to tell his team that everyone who drives them regularly, loves them.
Yep, the absolute best! Turned on a dime and it won't rattle itself to pieces like a Reach. At 150,000 miles, a Reach is junk, but a 700 would be just broken in.

I think we only have 2 or 3 700's left. So sad.

AB831

Yep, the absolute best! Turned on a dime and it won't rattle itself to pieces like a Reach. At 150,000 miles, a Reach is junk, but a 700 would be just broken in.

I think we only have 2 or 3 700's left. So sad.
Every pothole felt like you’re hitting a landmine in the Reach.

CatMan

Mini Transits are your future.
The Transit cars are fun to drive, but we full timers don't like them cause when a big box comes down the belt, the driver tells their manager.."these don't fit ,I can't take them "...that's when they give them to you!...And it's a load of crap and way out of your area!....Then you're asked about your gap..Lol! (NOT)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The Transit cars are fun to drive, but we full timers don't like them cause when a big box comes down the belt, the driver tells their manager.."these don't fit ,I can't take them "...that's when they give them to you!...And it's a load of crap and way out of your area!....Then you're asked about your gap..Lol! (NOT)
We call them clown cars. Lol.

CatMan

Be glad Fat Freddy doesn't have you delivering out of your own cars........But just give it time.
Yesterday I saw 2 different people in street clothes, wearing a UPS vest..delivering packages out of presumably their own cars like Amazon used to.