Way to go, Parcel

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oops!
hayzuse.gif

DeCurtis

Too bad they didn't know never to ship with UPS. Not too long ago I ordered a bunch of glassware that came from the same shipper, but probably because of dimensional shipping rates they used multiple shipping companies. The box Fedex delivered was okay and the contents in tact. The box the USPS delivered was okay and in tact too. The box delivered by UPS was smashed and the contents broken. Plenty of packing material was used and all shipments were packaged alike.
My guess is that the broken box had a bed-frame, or desk, loaded on top of it in typical UPS hillbilly-pile fashion.

Never pay UPS a dime to do anything for you, them and their employees will definitely screw you over.
I've worked there 20+ years and my shipper's account is with USPS. I'll pass the customer counter leaving work and make an extra trip to the post office if I need something shipped.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Too bad they didn't know never to ship with UPS. Not too long ago I ordered a bunch of glassware that came from the same shipper, but probably because of dimensional shipping rates they used multiple shipping companies. The box Fedex delivered was okay and the contents in tact. The box the USPS delivered was okay and in tact too. The box delivered by UPS was smashed and the contents broken. Plenty of packing material was used and all shipments were packaged alike.
My guess is that the broken box had a bed-frame, or desk, loaded on top of it in typical UPS hillbilly-pile fashion.

Never pay UPS a dime to do anything for you, them and their employees will definitely screw you over.
I've worked there 20+ years and my shipper's account is with USPS. I'll pass the customer counter leaving work and make an extra trip to the post office if I need something shipped.

Shippers account with usps LMAO

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The * broke in 14 different boxes. I think they packed them poorly.
They all stick close together majority of the time. They found their way under something heavy is my guess. It's insane how you can get pristine boxes one day complete crap the next. No accountability behind how we move work around in the building. No I in team, every shift for themselves, etc.

Ghost in the Darkness

Leviticus 26:1
Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

Grindstone

never_ship_02.jpg

This story reminds me of this picture I saw online some time ago. I have 0 sympathy for the dumba** museum curator who thought it was acceptable to entrust a millions old artifact/fossil (?) to be shipped, in all probability, as cheaply as possible.

Fuzzy Brown

Another example of someone looking for their vindictive 15 minutes by calling the TV station and feigning outrage and hurt.

Ghost in the Darkness

People need to lower their standards for delivery services. If its extremely valuable or rare, I wouldn't trust them with it. If you are willing to roll the dice atleast insure its value. That being said if you buy a 60" tv online because you found the cheapest price you shouldn't be extremely shocked it comes with a cracked screen even without physical damage to the box.
In the end you need to know how to play the shipping/receiving game.

Big Rigger

View attachment 336044
This story reminds me of this picture I saw online some time ago. I have 0 sympathy for the dumba** museum curator who thought it was acceptable to entrust a millions old artifact/fossil (?) to be shipped, in all probability, as cheaply as possible.
FedEx EXPRESS box in the picture is "the cheapest"... Not Ground? Ok.
The * broke in 14 different boxes. I think they packed them poorly.
When I would pick up packages from novice shippers I'd ask them what was in it, the value of the pkg, and ask them to show me how they packed them if they were easily broken and/or expensive and not replaceable. That extra 4-5 minutes saved a lot of upset customers and helped retain customers.
The runners are the weakest link in our system next to the primary unload..