what is the stand operating procedure adopted by UPS for packages flagged as "fraud suspicious"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please what is the standard operating procedure for packages UPS declare as "fraud suspicion"? i had some few phones sent to me that were purchased from sellers on offerup by my cousin. It's been 3 weeks UPS confiscated them and there seem to be no positive news from them. I just want to know my options in advance.Thanks

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Please what is the standard operating procedure for packages UPS declare as "fraud suspicion"? i had some few phones sent to me that were purchased from sellers on offerup by my cousin. It's been 3 weeks UPS confiscated them and there seem to be no positive news from them. I just want to know my options in advance.Thanks
In this case, shipping phones in a box of weed may have caused this misunderstanding.
Please go to the local UPS customer service center, and make sure they know the drugs are there in lieu of packing peanuts, and you should be good to go.

lol.my cousin is male.UPS has a non chalant attitude towards emails and tweeter messages .i keep getting conflicting message every time an employee call us. please i would need every vital information that can help me retrieve my package back

ManInBrown

Don’t worry the police will be by shortly to discuss it with you.

In this case, shipping phones in a box of weed may have caused this misunderstanding.
Please go to the local UPS customer service center, and make sure they know the drugs are there in lieu of packing peanuts, and you should be good to go.
shipping phones in a box of weed? now that got me laughing. Phones were shipped via boxes picked up at the UPS store .No weed or contraband inside the package

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
shipping phones in a box of weed? now that got me laughing. Phones were shipped via boxes picked up at the UPS store .No weed or contraband inside the package
Okay.
Joking aside, there's gotta be something pretty bad if your package actually got pulled out for "fraud".

You got a tracking number?
Did it make it to a given hub/center?
Did y'all try to make an insurance claim on it?

We don't care about what we ship, unless we can actually see something massively illegal.
You gotta give us more details, cause as it stands, there's really no way for us to know why that would have happened.

Okay.
Joking aside, there's gotta be something pretty bad if your package actually got pulled out for "fraud".

You got a tracking number?
Did it make it to a given hub/center?
Did y'all try to make an insurance claim on it?

We don't care about what we ship, unless we can actually see something massively illegal.
You gotta give us more details, cause as it stands, there's really no way for us to know why that would have happened.
there is nothing bad in the package . just some used phones. I was rerouted to the fraud unit/storage in Kansas Missouri. We were contacted by the fraud unit for proof of purchase or screenshots showing conversations with the sellers which we have provided via email. It's been one week since then and not a word from UPS other than "we will get back to you after our investigation which often takes a while"

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
there is nothing bad in the package . just some used phones. I was rerouted to the fraud unit/storage in Kansas Missouri. We were contacted by the fraud unit for proof of purchase or screenshots showing conversations with the sellers which we have provided via email. It's been one week since then and not a word from UPS other than "we will get back to you after our investigation which often takes a while"
Sounds like the seller is claiming to have not been paid?
This is a first, for me. Never heard of this at all. We don't care who is scamming whom.

Closest I ever saw was a manager throwing away an Amazon phone "return" which had a piece of Duplo in it.
I'm doubting anyone here is gonna be able to help you with this one...

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
stolen phones? now you are trolling. thanks for your contribution so far
You came to the interwebs to cry about some offer up, broken, stolen cell phones and you thought we would take you serious?

Good luck locating the hot merch

Sounds like the seller is claiming to have not been paid?
This is a first, for me. Never heard of this at all. We don't care who is scamming whom.

Closest I ever saw was a manager throwing away an Amazon phone "return" which had a piece of Duplo in it.
I'm doubting anyone here is gonna be able to help you with this one...
there is no way a seller can claim they were not paid. Transactions on offerup are often by cash. The phones were bought from different sellers over a period of time so there is absolutely no way any seller could even know when the items were shipped or if they were shipped via UPS

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
There has got to be more to this story. Were the phones all in one box?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
you already have your one minute of fame. Move long now
Awwwe...

There there guy.

It'll be ok.

Sucks you were scammed out of your money by your own cousin from the stolen cell phone scamming business.

tenor.gif

There has got to be more to this story. Were the phones all in one box?
I wish there were more to this story than I am admitting,but there is none. Yes the phones were all in one box. I have asked the head of security who replied to my mail the reason my package was flagged for potential fraud but he never wrote back

Status
Not open for further replies.