what is the stand operating procedure adopted by UPS for packages flagged as "fraud suspicious"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You aren't going to get much help here. I bought my current phone on eBay, I didn't have any problems with it. The seller claimed she didn't like it, I got an iPhone that was still wrapped in cellophane and I got it for about half price.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I wish there were more to this story than I am admitting,but there is none. Yes the phones were all in one box. I have asked the head of security who replied to my mail the reason my package was flagged for potential fraud but he never wrote back
I can't help you if that's the whole story. When I was a cop, I worked with UPS security because an astute driver noticed that he was getting weekly deliveries to a vacant house. He reported the shipper release to this vacant house weekly. Every day he went back the packages were gone but he left more. One day the driver left a package and as he was driving off, he noticed in his rearview a person would walk across the street and retrieve the package from the vacant house.

It turns out the guy across the street was getting stolen phones delivered to the vacant house to avoid suspicion from his own house. All the phones he was getting were new and from phone stores or companies. I have no idea why yours would be getting flagged unless someone called in a package intercept.

I can't help you if that's the whole story. When I was a cop, I worked with UPS security because an astute driver noticed that he was getting weekly deliveries to a vacant house. He reported the shipper release to this vacant house weekly. Every day he went back the packages were gone but he left more. One day the driver left a package and as he was driving off, he noticed in his rearview a person would walk across the street and retrieve the package from the vacant house.

It turns out the guy across the street was getting stolen phones delivered to the vacant house to avoid suspicion from his own house. All the phones he was getting were new and from phone stores or companies. I have no idea why yours would be getting flagged unless someone called in a package intercept.
mine are used Phones with no icloud account on them . No report of theft or loss on any of them when I checked the IMEI. The store it was shipped from, the manager called a theft interception on it but my cousin has been to the store 5 times and showed the manager proof of purchase and he said he has messaged UPS to either deliver the items, or return them back but UPS is insisting on investigating the items. I don't have a problem with that but it's just the lack of updates and communication from them that is spooking me off. Thanks for your contribution so far

You aren't going to get much help here. I bought my current phone on eBay, I didn't have any problems with it. The seller claimed she didn't like it, I got an iPhone that was still wrapped in cellophane and I got it for about half price.
I already noticed I wont get much help here already. I buy on ebay too and I have been doing this for a while all legitimately. This is the first time I am having such issue

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Please what is the standard operating procedure for packages UPS declare as "fraud suspicion"? i had some few phones sent to me that were purchased from sellers on offerup by my cousin. It's been 3 weeks UPS confiscated them and there seem to be no positive news from them. I just want to know my options in advance.Thanks

Get a lawyer retained your about to go to jail

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wish there were more to this story than I am admitting,but there is none. Yes the phones were all in one box. I have asked the head of security who replied to my mail the reason my package was flagged for potential fraud but he never wrote back

Your story is falling apart
If they were all bought from different sellers at different times. How did they all end up in one box

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I already noticed I wont get much help here already. I buy on ebay too and I have been doing this for a while all legitimately. This is the first time I am having such issue
14AB13E1-996C-47B1-83FE-B434359CD514.jpeg

You must’ve missed this.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
the manager called a theft interception on it but my cousin has been to the store 5 times
Dude, really? There's your answer right there. The phones were held for investigation because the manager called in the intercept. Your cousin went in 5 times to do business. There is always more to the story. In my experience when I worked with the investigators from UPS, you better give them what they ask for. Screenshots, text messages, emails, I would even go so far as contact Offer Up and see if they have the listing archived for proof.

Yeah, something is up.

barnyard

KTM rider
This is not a UPS helpline. You can read the sticky at the top of the page and contact UPS for more information. You will get your weed phones when you get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.