Workday for Express

BootsOnTarmac

Sensitive, nope. I appreciate your posts and have learned a lot from them about retirement and life after FedEx. I don't start threads very often, but when I do, I hope they don't degrade into off topic bickering and slamming like many do. I got your joke and had a laugh about me being a Bot. Since you are a target by a few members here, you can understand my reply.

My goal for starting this conversation:

Workday is new to all. I'm looking for any comments, information, experiences, etc., for fellow employees and myself, not Corporate.

Good luck with your post FedEx adventures, vantexan.

BootsOnTarmac

Anybody with Workday issues? I started this discussion to help myself and others. So far Workday has been pretty lame. Gone is my ability to see my hours worked for each day of the week. Gone is my ability to see job postings in my area without searching by station or hub. Gone is my ability to see where I rank when I bid on a position. Now I have to pester my manager, who is still discovering Workday's confusion. Seems like 1 step forward, 2 steps back to me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This Workday thing is just another fine example of what FedEx does so well - fixing what ain’t broke and breaking it in the process.
You would think they would’ve worked out the kinks before putting it online for everyone to use. I wonder how big a bonus the VP for IE will get for THIS? I know the VP at the time got a fab bonus for DRA.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You would think they would’ve worked out the kinks before putting it online for everyone to use. I wonder how big a bonus the VP for IE will get for THIS? I know the VP at the time got a fab bonus for DRA.
You mean they were compensated for observing what UPS was doing and emulating it? At FedEx, imitation is confused with invention.

Oldfart

Oh yay. OF is here to :censored2: up another thread.
Na, just showing the ignorance of another poster. Somehow she KNEW the VP got a fab bonus. Is she that close to the VP that he would share his personal information? Or is she just being ignorant with less than true statements?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Na, just showing the ignorance of another poster. Somehow she KNEW the VP got a fab bonus. Is she that close to the VP that he would share his personal information? Or is she just being ignorant with less than true statements?
If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to see what’s going on in the world outside your little bubble, you would find out that Executives salaries and bonuses are public record, just a Google search away. Idiot.

BootsOnTarmac

Please leave this discussion if you don't have anything to say pertaining to Workday for Express.

This discussion was started to provide helpful input about WORKDAY.

Go away if you can't handle it.

Oldfart

If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to see what’s going on in the world outside your little bubble, you would find out that Executives salaries and bonuses are public record, just a Google search away. Idiot.
Love the way you call people names but when they return the favor, you get your panties in a wad. If you are gonna call people names, you should be able to take it in return. Unfortunately you cant. Bummer

Did you find on Google the posting on how much bonus the VP got for DRA or did you just make that up. I havent seen any explanations on bonuses, yet you KNEW one was given. How bout some proof a DRA bonus was given.

BootsOnTarmac

I just want to prevent this discussion from turning into a gripe session between a few, adding no real content to the original reason for starting the discussion.

Owner? Nope. Post what you want. I'm just asking to keep on topic to help myself and others.

SmithBarney

We aren't allowed to use any real computers at our Station, the "dummy" terminals are too dumb to run workdays website...

Workday is some backroom deal some Executive at FDX made to outsource vast amounts of our IT, FDX is now Workdays largest client, and they are floundering trying to get it to work 100%...I hope it works, it has promise, but FDX's systems are so diverse and spread out over so many platforms and programming languages, it'll probably be 2+years before it seems kinda normal, can't even get EOPs to work fast enough.