Driver next to me doesn’t like me going slow

Staydryitsraining

Here we go in and make management punch them in early. It is really put a stop to to it as management now doesn't like to explain why one or two drivers starts 20 minutes early without being coded into anything. It's really put a stop to it
I assume your a steward. How did you go about this? Did you ok it with your BA first? What were his thoughts, any push back from him or his feelings on how the other drivers would take it? Did management push back, did labor? Did a majority of your center do this or just a few? What has been the atmosphere since you started doing it. I ask all this because where I'm at, in a multi center building its a massive problem.

Brown Down

I assume your a steward. How did you go about this? Did you ok it with your BA first? What were his thoughts, any push back from him or his feelings on how the other drivers would take it? Did management push back, did labor? Did a majority of your center do this or just a few? What has been the atmosphere since you started doing it. I ask all this because where I'm at, in a multi center building its a massive problem.
i am not. but our stewards are pretty open about what was going to happen. granted we are a small building. Not sure if it was the threat of doing it or if they actually had to file but i couldn't remember the last time we had anyone work off the clock and management not put a stop to it.

Thebrownblob

1715252720555.png

Brown Down

to answer your questions that i can. No pushback from management that i am aware, only a few, great and the ones that don't like it are the habitual management stooges so we don't care what they think.

Thebrownblob

I'm aware of this article. My BA isn't sure if the aftermath will be worth it. I'm 100% on board but if I don't have the backing of the guy who will push when it's sitting in front of labor it's a no win scenario.
The issue becomes discipline gets handed out by the company, making the Steward or BA look like the bad guy to those who do not understand.

Brown Down

I'm aware of this article. My BA isn't sure if the aftermath will be worth it. I'm 100% on board but if I don't have the backing of the guy who will push when it's sitting in front of labor it's a no win scenario.
What's your steward and ba need to do is file The grievance on the person starting's early behalf so they get paid for time works not Joe schmo that's all them working. And you have to remember this contractors for both management and teamsters so both have to follow it. What's the people starting early going to do? Complain to their BA that they are not following the contract? They'll get laughed out of the office.

Brown Down

The issue becomes discipline gets handed out by the company, making the Steward or BA look like the bad guy to those who do not understand.
Something else I just thought of is not any will they get laughed out of the office but if your BA has the balls to do it they can actually pull their union card or at least that's what ours is threatened to do with certain contract breakers. The one case that comes to mind is an air driver that was making ground pickups all the time and wasn't saying anything. RBA literally told him that if he did not call him the next time the company had him make ground pickups that he would lose his union card and in some states that means your job goes as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
Something else I just thought of is not any will they get laughed out of the office but if your BA has the balls to do it they can actually pull their union card or at least that's what ours is threatened to do with certain contract breakers. The one case that comes to mind is an air driver that was making ground pickups all the time and wasn't saying anything. RBA literally told him that if he did not call him the next time the company had him make ground pickups that he would lose his union card and in some states that means your job goes as well.
I never saw anyone get their union card pulled but I did see some get threatened about it. The wake up call was enough.

Brown Down

I never saw anyone get their union card pulled but I did see some get threatened about it. The wake up call was enough.
Yeah it's never actually happened but the threat has happened a few times. Like you said most people wake up when they that happens

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Your name implies your worthless intentionally. No one likes that except other trash bags, I'll also assume your the type who pretends to be a bad ass but if you got hit in the face you'd call the cops. Or go get your gun and handle it like a real man.
Sounds like we’ve got a genuine Runner Gunner amongst us
IMG_7729.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just from your posts on here you sound like the type of driver that goes slow on purpose No matter how many stops you have. Always bragging about being slow and filing 9.5 every week. You sound like a biotch. Sack up and put your fair days work in.
Another runner
It’s really none of your business why he does what he does
MYOB

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Grieve it
Extra work is offered by seniority
UPS has to pay it will end
Seen it happen

Staydryitsraining

Are you in a rtw state?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yes I am and while losing a union card in my state doesn't mean much The after effects of not having a union card outside of the BA and stewards is much worse. We have zero people in my building that aren't part of the union that can be
I’m in an RTW state.

We just got our last two driver holdouts signed up a couple months ago.

The part timers are another story.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Another runner
It’s really none of your business why he does what he does
MYOB
Op is the one that shared the information.. What's the point of this thread?

"Guy next to me doesn't like me going slow"

Okay who gives a :censored2:? Just stating my opinion on it since he brought it up. Not like I instigated it. Telling me to mind my own business when OP willingly shared this useless piece of informatin smh

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Op is the one that shared the information.. What's the point of this thread?

"Guy next to me doesn't like me going slow"

Okay who gives a :censored2:? Just stating my opinion on it since he brought it up. Not like I instigated it. Telling me to mind my own business when OP willingly shared this useless piece of informatin smh
You’re going to make someone a great first wife