I had my first My Choice " Delivery Window" delivery yesterday

UPSGUY72

99 times out of 100 I do, but we are still required to follow the methods, regardless of what the consignee wants.

Resident know-it-all.

Wrong again you leave it where the customer wants it that is the method you follow no thinking is required. If the customer did specify a location then you can decided which one yourself otherwise follow the instruction giving.

This job isn't hard some people take it upon themselves to make it more difficult than it is by making up there own rules.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is a big no no you end up on another list for doing that. It has been brought up on a number of times during are PCM if it say a location you leave it there. UPS isn't responsible for the package and the customer want the package left in a specific location that is where you leave it.

No one has said a word to me and there have been zero DFU's.

Resident know-it-all.

ManInBrown

Keep doing that. Some dogs have learned to accept the momentary breakthrough pain in order to savage
a smartass ups driver.
BINGO. Got bit a few years ago. Was making a delivery and the next door neighbors dog was outside. They had an invisible fence. Dog ran right thru it, onto the property I was on and bit me.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That is a big no no you end up on another list for doing that. It has been brought up on a number of times during are PCM if it say a location you leave it there. UPS isn't responsible for the package and the customer want the package left in a specific location that is where you leave it.
I do it all the time, well at least I did before I changed areas. If it's raining and they ask for it to be somewhere that its going to get ruined and I can throw it on the porch I will because the person was likely picking the entrance they use when they come home not planning on a torrential downpour.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

UPSGUY72

I do it all the time, well at least I did before I changed areas. If it's raining and they ask for it to be somewhere that its going to get ruined and I can throw it on the porch I will because the person was likely picking the entrance they use when they come home not planning on a torrential downpour.

So when it says deliver to Garage and you deliver to front door do you change the Deliver point in the DIAD or just say yes delivered to garage when you really delivered it to the front door ??

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So when it says deliver to Garage and you deliver to front door do you change the Deliver point in the DIAD or just say yes delivered to garage when you really delivered it to the front door ??
Yes, when it pops up and says consignee requests garage (and it's pouring and the garage is shut) and I leave it on the porch, it says would you like to release to garage Y/N, I select N, then 6 for porch.

AKCoverMan

If pop up gives a DR location but he customer is home I have always gone with "no" at the prompt then Met Customer Man/Woman/etc. Never heard a word about it.

UPSGUY72

Yes, when it pops up and says consignee requests garage (and it's pouring and the garage is shut) and I leave it on the porch, it says would you like to release to garage Y/N, I select N, then 6 for porch.

If pop up gives a DR location but he customer is home I have always gone with "no" at the prompt then Met Customer Man/Woman/etc. Never heard a word about it.

I guarantee sooner or later your going to be hearing about it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I was instructed by my center manager that always respond "yes" when prompted for delivery location even if you hand it to the customer. Responding "no" sends a red flag and you will pop up on yet another bad driver report. I would think they would rather have accuracy but any more you just work as instructed.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
...and if that time were to come and an explanation of our actions requested a reasonable manager would see that we were taking care of the customer while following proper DR methods...
the days of Reasonable Managers are long long gone. All that matter now are Reports and Metrics.

Packmule

I've only had customers presigning for pkgs and a note telling me where to put the pkg. having multiple pkgs for one of these means I have to release each one in the diad. Wondering if each one counts as a sig or a dr and how it affects time allowance.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I have yet to have one of those deliveries but the ones that I have had and really dislike are the ones where the customer chooses the delivery location when they place their order. It shows up as an "E" in EDD. I also have several customers who put their requested delivery location as part of their address----one is an Amazon Prime customer while the other is an Avon lady. Why can't they just let us do our damn jobs?

I don't mind those but I do have one down a long driveway, always says leave at FD. Really there is an 8 foot locked fence to get to the back. There is no side door. No other place to leave it.

Turns out the FEDEX guy just leaves his stuff at the Mailbox.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was instructed by my center manager that always respond "yes" when prompted for delivery location even if you hand it to the customer. Responding "no" sends a red flag and you will pop up on yet another bad driver report. I would think they would rather have accuracy but any more you just work as instructed.
I like sending up red flags and showing up on reports.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I like sending up red flags and showing up on reports.
I try to stay under the radar, but I'm not afraid to hurt management's feelings when appropriate. I've found if you're always on reports and their attention is always on you...when the time comes that they have you dead to rights they'll pull the trigger.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I try to stay under the radar, but I'm not afraid to hurt management's feelings when appropriate. I've found if you're always on reports and their attention is always on you...when the time comes that they have you dead to rights they'll pull the trigger.

They will never have me "dead to rights" because I am 100% honest 100% of the time and I show up every day and do the job in a safe and correct manner.

If I am raising flags and showing up on the radar, it usually means that there is some underlying flaw or problem in the system and rather than sticking a Band Aid over it to keep the report looking good I just do what needs to be done regardless of the consequences or how "bad" it makes me look.

My experience over the last 27 years has been that the trick to actually getting problems solved at UPS is to find a way to cause a decision maker to look really, really bad on a report. Simply complaining about the problem to your immediate superior is a waste of time since they seldom have the authority to make the sort of operational decisions that will ultimately resolve the situation. A perfect example of this phenomenon was when they changed the NDA commit time on my area from 12:00 to 10:30 without making any other changes to the dispatch. Complaining to my on-road served no purpose, so I just started delivering them after the commit time with "other" as a reason. It took 2 weeks and a total of about 50 or 60 late NDA before a decision-maker finally intervened and solved the problem by ordering an additional route to be dispatched.