10.00 or 10.01 gor 9.5 violation

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not all “paid hours worked” qualifies. If you start early for anything outside of your “scheduled start” that is considered “extra work” and doesn’t go towards 9.5. As an example, if you start early to deliver EAM’s that’s considered “extra work”.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Not all “paid hours worked” qualifies. If you start early for anything outside of your “scheduled start” that is considered “extra work” and doesn’t go towards 9.5. As an example, if you start early to deliver EAM’s that’s considered “extra work”.
Not here. Where do you see this language?

barnyard

KTM rider
If you VOLUNTEER for EXTRA work it doesnt count toward 9.5. Comprende
The only way it does not count, would be if you agree not to file. If you are paid over 9.5 3 times in 1 week and file, you will win. If you volunteered on one of those days for extra work, extra work will no longer be offered to you.

We had a guy that volunteered to work the preload, then signed up for the 9/5 list because he wanted a shorter day on route. Bosses quit allowing him to work the preload.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
The only way it does not count, would be if you agree not to file. If you are paid over 9.5 3 times in 1 week and file, you will win. If you volunteered on one of those days for extra work, extra work will no longer be offered to you.

We had a guy that volunteered to work the preload, then signed up for the 9/5 list because he wanted a shorter day on route. Bosses quit allowing him to work the preload.
I‘d think, in this situation, a steward or the affected member could have a field day with filing supervisors working grievances. I’m assuming that the sorts are chronically short handed, like here, and they can never find people to work. If they are not allowing the union member who is willing to work to actually do the work, due to being on the 9.5 list, file on the supervisors working. If supervisors are working how hard is the company working to staff the sort properly. Management has lots of tools to use in order to do the right thing. Usually the reason they don’t is due to costs.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yep, seems to be what the local agrees to. Like our safety committee members. They're told they can't get on 9.5 and be safety but it's agreed that it won't count towards 9.5.
I have heard of this problem and our steward asked the local to shut down the safety committee in response. Don’t think it was met well by the local.

35years

Gravy route
Yep, seems to be what the local agrees to. Like our safety committee members. They're told they can't get on 9.5 and be safety but it's agreed that it won't count towards 9.5.
They pulled that here.

I was resolved this way...

Safety members on the 9.5 list can start early but voluntary safety hours do not count towards 9.5.

That way if they dispatch you over 9.5 in addition to safety hours you can still file for that day.

Otherwise saying safety members can't file would violate seniority: and voluntary OT should normally not count towards 9.5.