22.3 vs RCPD Jobs

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Just wanted to ask the peanut gallery a question, Has anyone regretted going from Package car to 22.3? I know the pay is a huge factor along with the schedule change along with change of pace. I recently signed a bid for 22.3 at our building and from what I am told I have the highest senority for the job. Any info as to pros and cons along with other information that could help would be appreciated.

PT Car Washer

Just wanted to ask the peanut gallery a question, Has anyone regretted going from Package car to 22.3? I know the pay is a huge factor along with the schedule change along with change of pace. I recently signed a bid for 22.3 at our building and from what I am told I have the highest senority for the job. Any info as to pros and cons along with other information that could help would be appreciated.
I guess a lot depends on the two jobs. Some jobs are easy/easy, some are easy/hard and some are load on one sort and unload on the other sort.

Mr. Marshall

I have bounced back and forth two different times. As has been stated a lot depends on the actual jobs you bid on and whether you can sleep during the day (it takes a lot of diligence to get enough rest). At our hub it's generally one easy job and one hard job so a lot depends on if the easy job is easy enough to justify doing the hard job at $5.55 an hour less. I also get more forced overtime inside as there is no 9.5. I'll also say that having two different inside jobs means dealing with more supervisors and also having to deal with a constant flow of new employees who don't give a damn. Also, since we went to Saturdays a lot depends on your family situation as it's no fun going to work on a Friday night when that is your wives weekend and having Sunday nights off when your wife is preparing for the work week and going to bed early but if you are a T-S driver maybe that is less of a consideration.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I did 22.4 Porters for 2 years. Boring as hell and the clock moved very slow. Had to stretch 4 hours worth of work into 8 hours. Priceless being done at 230pm everyday though.

Brownwind

They are creating combo jobs that are a mix of both jobs. I have one. Sometimes I run a CPU, other times I’m running air transfer then life repeats and I’m on my old package route because of the area deferment.
Collect the check and enjoy the ride. Remember if your called in on a Saturday or Sunday it’s Cha Ching…. Sometimes we work five days other times we work three. Still pays the same six figure wage.

BigBrown87

They are creating combo jobs that are a mix of both jobs. I have one. Sometimes I run a CPU, other times I’m running air transfer then life repeats and I’m on my old package route because of the area deferment.
Collect the check and enjoy the ride. Remember if your called in on a Saturday or Sunday it’s Cha Ching…. Sometimes we work five days other times we work three. Still pays the same six figure wage.
What area do you work if you don't mind me asking?

BigBrown87

I did 22.4 Porters for 2 years. Boring as hell and the clock moved very slow. Had to stretch 4 hours worth of work into 8 hours. Priceless being done at 230pm everyday though.
This is one issues I have switching from driving to 22.3. I'm used to moving and talking to a lot of people during the day. Thanks for the info.

BigBrown87

I have bounced back and forth two different times. As has been stated a lot depends on the actual jobs you bid on and whether you can sleep during the day (it takes a lot of diligence to get enough rest). At our hub it's generally one easy job and one hard job so a lot depends on if the easy job is easy enough to justify doing the hard job at $5.55 an hour less. I also get more forced overtime inside as there is no 9.5. I'll also say that having two different inside jobs means dealing with more supervisors and also having to deal with a constant flow of new employees who don't give a damn. Also, since we went to Saturdays a lot depends on your family situation as it's no fun going to work on a Friday night when that is your wives weekend and having Sunday nights off when your wife is preparing for the work week and going to bed early but if you are a T-S driver maybe that is less of a consideration.
I didn't realize that there is forced OT for 22.3s! I know they can force you in for a Saturday if needed unlike package car. I would be working 2pm to 10pm or something close to those hours. I believe it's M-Friday for the schedule days but haven't talked to anyone yet besides signing the bid and being the highest seniority. I used to be PT during the twilight sift and understand PTs mentality and work ethic. How much OT were you getting when you did the position?