396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

Evil

Since your LM2 hunting, check out local 805. Sandy Pope spent 1.7 million in "organizing" and her membership went down. People wanted her running our show? Lol

Stink219,

Sandy Pope is still in positive net flow over $5 million.

Teamsters Local 251 in East Providence Rhode Island began the year in 2012 at $798,194 in Net Assets; it finished the year 2012 at $539,937.

You're principal officer Kevin Reddy, who was able to defeat the reformers because they didn't have the 2/3rds majority vote to change the Local's bylaws overspent $258,257 more than it took in!

Reddy, will lose his next local election and that is fact!

LagunaBrown

As if you know.... I'll stack my grievances vs yours and see who fights for members and who is an Internet cheerleader. Go pump your fist like you know something. I never addressed questions to you cause your an obvious tool. TOS has a brain but if you want a little fire scarecrow (realbrown) I'll be happy to send some heat your way.
Bla,Bla,Bla. You don't make alot of sense. And you are OG Cheerleader like stink, 407 and heffernan. You never challenge one word any of them have to say. So get over your bigotry of the vote NO crowd and GFYS.

I make a lot of sense you just don't get it. I'm sorry for calling you a scarecrow and referencing the wizard of Oz as a parallel to you not having a brain. TOS is right about teamsters should not personally battle each other. I have never attacked you for your opinions or how you will vote like you have against me. My crude words were in reply to your attacks on my character instead of attacking my arguments and I should know better than to stoop to your level.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I make a lot of sense you just don't get it. I'm sorry for calling you a scarecrow and referencing the wizard of Oz as a parallel to you not having a brain. TOS is right about teamsters should not personally battle each other. I have never attacked you for your opinions or how you will vote like you have against me. My crude words were in reply to your attacks on my character instead of attacking my arguments and I should know better than to stoop to your level.

I attack you because you on here promoting a YES vote (in your own way). That is very damaging in my opinion. This is a concessionary contract and there should be no way an upstanding teamster should accept this TA.

rpoz11

TOS
Again, Thank You for all you do!
Question :
On the C6 Trustee boards,
Are any from UPS, Teamsters,
Or are they independent non connected trustees?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS
Question :

The board of eight trustees is a combination of employer/teamster representatives who act independently of the the Teamsters and the Employers. There duty is only fiduciary and they dont have a concern for the benefits as we would.

They call a meeting of the board and make motions. We have no control over this. IF they take this enhanced C6 and motion to reduce benefits at some point in the future, then majority rules and its a done deal.

This is bad for all of us in the West and Local 177. That one little sentence in the MOU that clears them to change benefit levels at any time tells you that they are preparing to do just that. Its a backdoor "OUT".

There is NO sentence that says that the enhanced C6 plan will remain the same for the life of the contract. If there was (and Andy M agrees with me), then we would be having this concern for change.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

TOS
Question :

The board of eight trustees is a combination of employer/teamster representatives who act independently of the the Teamsters and the Employers. There duty is only fiduciary and they dont have a concern for the benefits as we would.

They call a meeting of the board and make motions. We have no control over this. IF they take this enhanced C6 and motion to reduce benefits at some point in the future, then majority rules and its a done deal.

This is bad for all of us in the West and Local 177. That one little sentence in the MOU that clears them to change benefit levels at any time tells you that they are preparing to do just that. Its a backdoor "OUT".

There is NO sentence that says that the enhanced C6 plan will remain the same for the life of the contract. If there was (and Andy M agrees with me), then we would be having this concern for change.

Peace

TOS

That is what I'm saying.... We must have a West plan with our own trustees. Read past post and you see it's a tough spot we are in.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
That is what I'm saying.... We must have a West plan with our own trustees. Read past post and you see it's a tough spot we are in.

Vote no. Give them time to get a west plan. Fix a few other issues. Then we can all vote Yes. But vote NO on this TA.

Inthegame

Peace

TOS
While the duty of trustees is fiduciary, to delude oneself into thinking these trustees act "independently" of their respective appointive bodies is ridiculous. If the trustees start acting too independently, they'll be replaced or retired. Their fiduciary duty requires them to make decisions based on participant benefit and fund needs. To assume changes would be made to a group under contract assumes the administrator didn't request or receive adequate funding in negotiations. Tom Nyhan, the CS H&W administrative guru, was intimately involved in consulting the IBT on fund needs when the proposal to move to the CS H&W was made. Adequate contributions have been negotiated.
The language you fear in the MOU is standard boilerplate language present in every plan, including the current UPS plan. "That one little sentence in the MOU that clears them to change benefit levels at any time tells you that they are preparing to do just that" Here's where you're way off the track. Vote No if you want but don't make up stories to scare. You're better than to use Rovian tactics. This protective language mirrors what already is in the CS H&W Plan document that gives the trustees ultimate authority. The MOU does not tell anyone that plans to change terms are imminent. Don't mix opinion with fact.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
While the duty of trustees is fiduciary, to delude oneself into thinking these trustees act "independently" of their respective appointive bodies is ridiculous. If the trustees start acting too independently, they'll be replaced or retired. Their fiduciary duty requires them to make decisions based on participant benefit and fund needs. To assume changes would be made to a group under contract assumes the administrator didn't request or receive adequate funding in negotiations. Tom Nyhan, the CS H&W administrative guru, was intimately involved in consulting the IBT on fund needs when the proposal to move to the CS H&W was made. Adequate contributions have been negotiated.
The language you fear in the MOU is standard boilerplate language present in every plan, including the current UPS plan. "That one little sentence in the MOU that clears them to change benefit levels at any time tells you that they are preparing to do just that" Here's where you're way off the track. Vote No if you want but don't make up stories to scare. You're better than to use Rovian tactics. This protective language mirrors what already is in the CS H&W Plan document that gives the trustees ultimate authority. The MOU does not tell anyone that plans to change terms are imminent. Don't mix opinion with fact.

Thank you for saying absoutely nothing.

Peace

TOS

Peace

TOS
How come whenever anyone sets you straight and makes a point you say that they said nothing?? I e read countless 27 paragraph responses of whacked out nonsense. If you want to blow smoke save us the time and limit it to two paragraphs instead of your giant filibuster of crap. I hope our members vote you in so they can come on this fine website and bash you. You are nuts nuts nuts.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How come whenever anyone sets you straight and makes a point you say that they said nothing?? I e read countless 27 paragraph responses of whacked out nonsense. If you want to blow smoke save us the time and limit it to two paragraphs instead of your giant filibuster of crap. I hope hour members vote you in so they can come on this fine website and bash you. You are nuts nuts nuts.

You can read?

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How come whenever anyone sets you straight and makes a point you say that they said nothing?? I e read countless 27 paragraph responses of whacked out nonsense. If you want to blow smoke save us the time and limit it to two paragraphs instead of your giant filibuster of crap. I hope our members vote you in so they can come on this fine website and bash you. You are nuts nuts nuts.

After a while, he grows on you ... what the hell am I saying? No he doesn't.

You can read?

TOS.
No I can't you are so full of :censored2:. All of your long paragraphs and its a bunch of bs. I used to read your stuff and think it meant something maybe it was the booze. Now that I am not drinking booze it sounds like the same thing over and over again. You are all pissed off but I think it's out of ignorance. Whatever if you need some pointers on your new teamcare medical benefits let me know. Ill be glad to explain them to you

rpoz11

396 meeting this Sunday

So all we can do is hope to carve out language that makes this HC plan stronger; but with no guarantees ... So far as the current proposal reads?

stink219

Peace

TOS
I'm glad people are on to this TOS of crap.