70 HOS exemption for vehicles under 10k LBS

falcon back

They are a MAX of 17.5 hrs a week with no bennies
I actually looked at some open causal jobs just confirm bacha was telliing his normal lies. The casual jobs I saw actually said 24 hrs a week. I don't know it it depends on the district or what. And to confirm bacha is lying, many of the jobs I saw were causal and they mentioned no benefits.

falcon back

Not hardly. Just amused that bacha, your hero, got caught making post after post about something he knows nothing about and then resorted to making stuff up. Like I said, you CLAIM you have a 4.0, but you continue to show that you don't have a lick of sense.

dezguy

Not hardly. Just amused that bacha, your hero, got caught making post after post about something he knows nothing about and then resorted to making stuff up. Like I said, you CLAIM you have a 4.0, but you continue to show that you don't have a lick of sense.
Kinda like you lying about your wife hitting the lottery, allowing you to retire early? lol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because it’s wiser to lay the groundwork for the next phase of your career while still getting an income rather than just walkIng out and having to take the first job you can find.

Now where have I heard that very line of thinking before? Hmmmmmmm.

bacha29

He's just embarrassed . Whether you're so called "permanent" part time or "casual" part time you're still encumbered with a job that will never pay enough to justify being burdened with it. Carrying a phone around with you waiting for a call that may or may not come. They train you then just send you home and expect you to come running at their every beckon call.

Ground contractors found out how well that works. Guys in need of full time work keep right on going and then when you did get some junk for them to deliver you call them up only to discover that they're working full time some place else.

Whether it's "permanent" part time or "casual" part time there's likely to be a whole lot more of them seen running around every station.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I actually looked at some open causal jobs just confirm bacha was telliing his normal lies. The casual jobs I saw actually said 24 hrs a week. I don't know it it depends on the district or what. And to confirm bacha is lying, many of the jobs I saw were causal and they mentioned no benefits.

Bacha isn't a liar, he simply doesn't know what he's talking about.

falcon back

He's just embarrassed . Whether you're so called "permanent" part time or "casual" part time you're still encumbered with a job that will never pay enough to justify being burdened with it. Carrying a phone around with you waiting for a call that may or may not come. They train you then just send you home and expect you to come running at their every beckon call.

Ground contractors found out how well that works. Guys in need of full time work keep right on going and then when you did get some junk for them to deliver you call them up only to discover that they're working full time some place else.

Whether it's "permanent" part time or "casual" part time there's likely to be a whole lot more of them seen running around every station.
Once again, you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Why do you continue to show your total ignorance to how things work? The casuals we have use an app on their phone and the manager post the available hrs and the casuals pick the hrs they want to work. This is all done the prior week. It works pretty good from what the casuals I talked to have said. So we have determined your are A: Paranoid, B: Ignorant to ANY facts about how Express works, C: A habitual liar that makes things up and expects people to believe him.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Once again, you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Why do you continue to show your total ignorance to how things work? The casuals we have use an app on their phone and the manager post the available hrs and the casuals pick the hrs they want to work. This is all done the prior week. It works pretty good from what the casuals I talked to have said. So we have determined your are A: Paranoid, B: Ignorant to ANY facts about how Express works, C: A habitual liar that makes things up and expects people to believe him.
Not only do we have the misfortune of you returning but returning while you’re way off your meds.

bacha29

Not only do we have the misfortune of you returning but returning while you’re way off your meds.
What Old Falcon Fart doesn't understand is that being chained to a phone and the hope that there will be enough paid hours to survive from week to week is an employment condition he would never tolerate himself but it's a mindset we see too much of these days whereby it's an employment condition that isn't good enough for him but in his opinion it's good enough for somebody else.

And knowing Fat Freddy if you were to turn down those hours even due to events consistent with the human condition and don't answer to his every beckon call and come running with bells on your toes, future hours will likely be even fewer and a long time coming given the vindictiveness, favoritism and bias common with many managers. And no matter how he describes it , it's still the same thing .A person's basic well being is wired to that phone.

Moreover, why would Fat Freddy even continue to keep so called permanent part timers with benefits when casuals with zero benefits can fill the void? Again, they simply represent a new and even cheaper labor supply which you will see even more of as Fat Freddy makes good on his word that he'll be the lowest cost carrier.

AB831

Fat Freddy will be sure to throw in a sob story about how the coronavirus deeply hurt this company, and even though it’s a terrible shame that they had to eliminate benefits for part timers, at least he didn’t lay off a single person because he values his workers that much.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What Old Falcon Fart doesn't understand is that being chained to a phone and the hope that there will be enough paid hours to survive from week to week is an employment condition he would never tolerate himself but it's a mindset we see too much of these days whereby it's an employment condition that isn't good enough for him but in his opinion it's good enough for somebody else.

And knowing Fat Freddy if you were to turn down those hours even due to events consistent with the human condition and don't answer to his every beckon call and come running with bells on your toes, future hours will likely be even fewer and a long time coming given the vindictiveness, favoritism and bias common with many managers. And no matter how he describes it , it's still the same thing .A person's basic well being is wired to that phone.

Moreover, why would Fat Freddy even continue to keep so called permanent part timers with benefits when casuals with zero benefits can fill the void? Again, they simply represent a new and even cheaper labor supply which you will see even more of as Fat Freddy makes good on his word that he'll be the lowest cost carrier.
Really?

You know Fred S? Is his number in your contact list on your phone?

FYI, a casual employee is like an Uber/Lyft driver, in that they work at their convenience. Who do you think monitors which casual failed to respond to a notification? Give me a break.

Your knowledge of Express is non-existent. Go back to commenting on Ground, where at least you have some ancient history.

bacha29

Really?

You know Fred S? Is his number in your contact list on your phone?

FYI, a casual employee is like an Uber/Lyft driver, in that they work at their convenience. Who do you think monitors which casual failed to respond to a notification? Give me a break.

Your knowledge of Express is non-existent. Go back to commenting on Ground, where at least you have some ancient history.
The term "Fat Freddy in the majority of the times it was used is a reference to the company rather than the person.
You retired express guys still worship Fred S and idolize his company. It's not the same company and in the future will likely look even less like the company you guys bowed to in humble servitude during your years there.
As AB831 and others have pointed out, the industry is in a race to the bottom and while in that free fall your beloved Fedex Express will be far less sensitive to and beholding to the many nameless people who go out there everyday and do the dirty work for which it gets paid. And no doubt it's image and prestige which was a big con job to begin with will suffer but in the ongoing race not just for survival but rather for domination nobody's going to worry about that.

And just as the entire Fedex Ground model and it's very unattractive purpose and underlying objectives has been taken apart and spread out on the grass for everybody to see, the Express model in it's new and far less glittering form will eventually be laid out there beside it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The term "Fat Freddy in the majority of the times it was used is a reference to the company rather than the person.
You retired express guys still worship Fred S and idolize his company. It's not the same company and in the future will likely look even less like the company you guys bowed to in humble servitude during your years there.
As AB831 and others have pointed out, the industry is in a race to the bottom and while in that free fall your beloved Fedex Express will be far less sensitive to and beholding to the many nameless people who go out there everyday and do the dirty work for which it gets paid. And no doubt it's image and prestige which was a big con job to begin with will suffer but in the ongoing race not just for survival but rather for domination nobody's going to worry about that.

And just as the entire Fedex Ground model and it's very unattractive purpose and underlying objectives has been taken apart and spread out on the grass for everybody to see, the Express model in it's new and far less glittering form will eventually be laid out there beside it.
Keep on being you :soapbox:

falcon back

Fat Freddy will be sure to throw in a sob story about how the coronavirus deeply hurt this company, and even though it’s a terrible shame that they had to eliminate benefits for part timers, at least he didn’t lay off a single person because he values his workers that much.
Here is another idiot that thinks part timers no longer have benefits. Your 4.0 has gotten you nowhere. Tuition money wasted. More proof you have no clue what you are talking about. Sad to say but Office, Freight and Services have all laid off or furloughed employees. You can't even get that part of your story correct. I hope your parents didn't go into debt to pay your tuition. They would have better off buying lottery tickets. At least they aren't as ignorant as someone that claims to have a 4.0.

dezguy

Here is another idiot that thinks part timers no longer have benefits. Your 4.0 has gotten you nowhere. Tuition money wasted. More proof you have no clue what you are talking about. Sad to say but Office, Freight and Services have all laid off or furloughed employees. You can't even get that part of your story correct. I hope your parents didn't go into debt to pay your tuition. They would have better off buying lottery tickets. At least they aren't as ignorant as someone that claims to have a 4.0.
:lol: dude, you're making it way too easy! :lol: