8:00pm rule?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can endure the pain of missed stops for a lot longer than my supervisor can endure the pain of explaining those missed stops to his boss on the conference call.

I dont relish the idea of service failures but sometimes the iron hammer of missed stops is the only tool we have to beat the stupidity out of our management people and force them to start making rational dispatch decisions.

O

OLDMAN3

You guys need to get half your center on the 9.5 list and start collecting triple time. 10 to 11 hours per day was the norm in my center till a bunch of us got paid, and then twice the drivers started filing. Now I go out with 8 1/2 hrs planned nearly every day

O

OLDMAN3

No you don't.
So, do you think it is ethically justifiable to deprive driver's kids the few hours a day they get to spend with their dad/mom? Will you tow the company line and defend completely over-dispatching drivers? Do you think management is morally accountable for these actions?

CHALLY9TX

We dont have an 8:00 rule here but at 9:00 I am done delivering and I head in with all remaining stops sheeted as missed, regardless of what management tells me.

Is it your own choice stop at 9? Or is it something you've been told by management?

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Is it your own choice stop at 9? Or is it something you've been told by management?

Sent using BrownCafe App
My choice.

Im not walking up dark driveways in the country or knocking on doors and waking people up after 9:00 at night. Its not safe, its not professional and its not service.

zygadlo86

Ughh..I am a pt air driver who takes early ams and then helps out with air. If start time for drivers moves to 8, they won't need my help with the 10:30 air. This makes me worry.

AKCoverMan

The point is, no one should still be on road at 8pm, except during Peak.

Resident know-it-all.

We have a satellite about an hour away from our center that originates six cars. Drivers there don't start till 1015 and have 60-90 min loading own cars. Needless to say they are rarely in before 2000.

If I cover out there I often don't get back to main center till 2130 or later as I have the added drive back from the satellite.

oldngray

nowhere special
I can endure the pain of missed stops for a lot longer than my supervisor can endure the pain of explaining those missed stops to his boss on the conference call.

I dont relish the idea of service failures but sometimes the iron hammer of missed stops is the only tool we have to beat the stupidity out of our management people and force them to start making rational dispatch decisions.

As long as everything gets delivered and nothing shows up on reports management has to explain nothing will every get fixed. Eventually you just have to take a stand and let service suffer before anyone will pay attention.

Brownified

We start at 8:40. I punch out at 6:30 every night. 90 percent if the drivers are already done when I get there. This might be why I have never heard of this curfew. I guess I'm lucky after reading all these posts.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
So, do you think it is ethically justifiable to deprive driver's kids the few hours a day they get to spend with their dad/mom? Will you tow the company line and defend completely over-dispatching drivers? Do you think management is morally accountable for these actions?
I see your point, but everyone knows what they signed up for. This is nothing new...

soberups

I see your point, but everyone knows what they signed up for. This is nothing new...
I didn't sign up to risk get shot at 9:30 at night by a nervous homeowner because my management team was too stupid to dispatch enough routes.

I am perfectly willing to work 60 hours a week during peak season but there comes a point where it is no longer appropriate or acceptable to be knocking on peoples doors and delivering packages. 9:00 at night is that point.

tacken

AMEN BRO
I didn't sign up to risk get shot at 9:30 at night by a nervous homeowner because my management team was too stupid to dispatch enough routes.

I am perfectly willing to work 60 hours a week during peak season but there comes a point where it is no longer appropriate or acceptable to be knocking on peoples doors and delivering packages. 9:00 at night is that point.
AMEN BROTHER

CHALLY9TX

You haven't opted in?

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
That may be so today. However when I started 27 years ago you only worked past 7:00 at peak. Now if you get in before 8:00 you think "Wow, I'm in early. " Used to be you only had 10 hour days during peak now they are the norm.

Brown stains

Today's PCM they told us the 8pm curfew was no longer in our building
Sup said he was tired of being on conference calls explaining all the miss packages coming into building

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You guys need to get half your center on the 9.5 list and start collecting triple time. 10 to 11 hours per day was the norm in my center till a bunch of us got paid, and then twice the drivers started filing. Now I go out with 8 1/2 hrs planned nearly every day
same here. We have had 5 different driver meetings with the Labor manager over Excessive OT (taking advantage of the new language in the contract) and only the Runners,the scared and the stupid get loaded down now

I posted a thread on 800pm. I didn't know there was one currently open. In the last 2 weeks there has been a lot of pressure for 9.5 and 800 o'clock curfew here in MA. WTF is going on!!!##!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App