Amazon and FedEx back together?

Upass.

on my way back home from work tonight, i saw a new Amazon prime trailer sitting in The FedEx distribution center, i never saw it there before . Any thoughts?

barnyard

KTM rider
A month or so ago. Someone mentioned it from the FNN and I asked the postmaster on my route. He shrugged it off. Then a couple of days later, he handed me an Amazon package with a UPS label. I asked if it was in with their stuff and he said that that was not possible. My assumption was that it was not possible because they were not getting things from Amazon, other than what we bring them in surepost.

Poop Head

Judge me.
A month or so ago. Someone mentioned it from the FNN and I asked the postmaster on my route. He shrugged it off. Then a couple of days later, he handed me an Amazon package with a UPS label. I asked if it was in with their stuff and he said that that was not possible. My assumption was that it was not possible because they were not getting things from Amazon, other than what we bring them in surepost.
20200816_102618.jpg
not here i guess. I wish we got it all back.

Mack37

Amazon dropped the USPS, so it would not surprise me.

Only in certain areas and for the most part USPS is still doing some Amazon just about everywhere. Amazon still doesn’t have enough folks to handle all their own deliveries.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Amazon is worried the USPS will go under so they have to have a back up plan in place so they can get their useless consumerism crap delivered. I hope Fedex is charging them FULL price like UPS should be doing. Too bad we are too stupid of a company and let amazon walk all over us.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Amazon is worried the USPS will go under so they have to have a back up plan in place so they can get their useless consumerism crap delivered. I hope Fedex is charging them FULL price like UPS should be doing. Too bad we are too stupid of a company and let amazon walk all over us.
I hope Amazon uses the usps for the Ashley signature series furniture. Might want to use those hand trucks before the wheel bearings seize up. Give them a taste of the package delivery business they wany so bad.

barnyard

KTM rider
I hope Amazon uses the usps for the Ashley signature series furniture. Might want to use those hand trucks before the wheel bearings seize up. Give them a taste of the package delivery business they wany so bad.
When the USPS gets those packages, they call the customer and tell them to come to the PO and pick it up. If it does not fit in their jeepsters, they don't deliver it.

The Driver

I drive.

Serious question: How do you know UPS is letting Amazon walk all over it? How much is UPS charging Amazon? I keep hearing this accusation but wonder where all these people are getting their information from. UPS keeps making billions and am seriously wondering if maybe the company is actually smarter than employees give it credit for... ORION notwithstanding, of course.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Serious question: How do you know UPS is letting Amazon walk all over it? How much is UPS charging Amazon? I keep hearing this accusation but wonder where all these people are getting their information from. UPS keeps making billions and am seriously wondering if maybe the company is actually smarter than employees give it credit for... ORION notwithstanding, of course.
Well I don't know for 100% fact that amazon is having their way with us to the extent I think. I just know there is no way amazon is paying for the shipping charges based on the prime membership fee, so they either have to have another source that funds the shipping fee and they losing their ass right now on shipping. OR Ups is giving them a very good deal, which I believe is the case since amazon stock keeps going up and bezos keeps accumulating billions of dollars by the week.

I asked my supervisor a little over a year ago what Ups charges amazon for a NDA saver envelope since that type of crap is clogging up our air system. He said maybe $3.75-$4.00 which is cheap as hell. I know we process a lot of their volume which helps make up for the cheap cost of shipping, but that isn't going to work out well for us in the long run. Amazon is using us right now to build their company until they get a real delivery network up and going. After that they will drop us because they can deliver their own crap and then they will try to come after our other accounts too. So in essence they are walking all over us, we should be charging them at least $2 more per package with how much volume we deliver for them. This not only makes Ups more money, but it takes money away from a company that is actively trying to take over the shipping and delivery business. Amazon is getting way too big and Ups was the number 1 factor is helping them.

The Driver

I drive.
Well I don't know for 100% fact that amazon is having their way with us to the extent I think. I just know there is no way amazon is paying for the shipping charges based on the prime membership fee, so they either have to have another source that funds the shipping fee and they losing their ass right now on shipping. OR Ups is giving them a very good deal, which I believe is the case since amazon stock keeps going up and bezos keeps accumulating billions of dollars by the week.

I asked my supervisor a little over a year ago what Ups charges amazon for a NDA saver envelope since that type of crap is clogging up our air system. He said maybe $3.75-$4.00 which is cheap as hell. I know we process a lot of their volume which helps make up for the cheap cost of shipping, but that isn't going to work out well for us in the long run. Amazon is using us right now to build their company until they get a real delivery network up and going. After that they will drop us because they can deliver their own crap and then they will try to come after our other accounts too. So in essence they are walking all over us, we should be charging them at least $2 more per package with how much volume we deliver for them. This not only makes Ups more money, but it takes money away from a company that is actively trying to take over the shipping and delivery business. Amazon is getting way too big and Ups was the number 1 factor is helping them.

If $4 for NDA Saver is true then that seems way, way too low. The news that broke recently that we're going to charge another $2-3 dollars more per piece for the holiday season gives me a some hope. That $2-3 increase hopefully becomes permanent if it keeps us competitive and yet increases our revenue and wages.

Overpaid Union Thug

As long as the typical American shopper continues to be too lazy to take a few additional seconds (minutes tops) to at least try and find products cheaper than on Amazon (I usually can) we’ll continue to see the growth of Amazon outpace the growth of UPS. It doesn’t matter if UPS charges them what we should be because most of those same people will still go straight to their Prime apps to place an order.

Rack em

Made the Podium
As long as the typical American shopper continues to be too lazy to take a few additional seconds (minutes tops) to at least try and find products cheaper than on Amazon (I usually can) we’ll continue to see the growth of Amazon outpace the growth of UPS. It doesn’t matter if UPS charges them what we should be because most of those same people will still go straight to their Prime apps to place an order.
Sadly I agree with you. Ups should have taken action a lot sooner and now it's to late. Amazon will eventually be way too big and we will slowly get phased out.

CtrlAltDel

When the USPS gets those packages, they call the customer and tell them to come to the PO and pick it up. If it does not fit in their jeepsters, they don't deliver it.
As a postal carrier, I have seen that happened. There was a Sunday Amazon delivery and one of the carriers did it for a package that was longer than the LLV mail truck. He wrote up a notice. As he was making the delivery, the customer was like Where's My Package. He was handed the notice slip to pick it up.

Mack37

As a postal carrier, I have seen that happened. There was a Sunday Amazon delivery and one of the carriers did it for a package that was longer than the LLV mail truck. He wrote up a notice. As he was making the delivery, the customer was like Where's My Package. He was handed the notice slip to pick it up.

Pain in the ass for sure but I’d wager most Americans live within five miles of their post office.