Amazon Labor Union affiliates with Teamsters

Over70irregs

Amazon labor union president Chris Smalls has not been able to secure a contract from Amazon, Hopefully affiliating with the Teamsters get them a contract and helps the Amazon organizing gain steam.
Step in right direction? All I know is Amazon has been killing same day deliveries lately. I see so many personal vehicles 7 days a week.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Step in right direction? All I know is Amazon has been killing same day deliveries lately. I see so many personal vehicles 7 days a week.

The building they organized is a fulfillment center, not a DSP driver building, anyway. Organizing those is a whole other ballgame because they are “independent.” Any way you slice it it’s sad to see all these people working for crap pay at a trillion dollar company.

The head of the Amazon Labor Union was too busy acting like a hip hop star and traveling the country instead of securing a contract for the people he represents. The teamsters would do a way better job. Also if you compare how much profit Amazon makes compared to UPS those drivers / workers could potentially make WAYYYY more than we do lol.

PT Car Washer

The head of the Amazon Labor Union was too busy acting like a hip hop star and traveling the country instead of securing a contract for the people he represents. The teamsters would do a way better job. Also if you compare how much profit Amazon makes compared to UPS those drivers / workers could potentially make WAYYYY more than we do lol.
Do you mean like UPS PT Union members?

ManInBrown

Unionization will cripple Amazon and strengthen UPS. This bodes well for us. Hopefully they see it thru. I dont want to hear any nonsense about third party delivery drivers unionizing. We need warehouse workers unionized.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So what does this mean??? Are the Teamsters going to be representing these workers or are they just going to take more of an mentorship role???

Its_a_me

Amazon will just close the facility and tie up the litigation until no worker would ever want the job back 8 years from now when the Teamsters prevail. It will cost the existing members dues to support the litigation..

The deep pocket companies will outspend the union to simply wait out the problem.

Thebrownblob

Amazon will just close the facility and tie up the litigation until no worker would ever want the job back 8 years from now when the Teamsters prevail. It will cost the existing members dues to support the litigation..

The deep pocket companies will outspend the union to simply wait out the problem.
I’m sure that is their plan. Hopefully we can get the pro act passed. Which I believe is why the international has reached across the aisle to get help from who they feel is going to win elections whether they’re Democrat or Republican. Will it work? I guess we’ll find out.