Anyone wonder

dogs.bite.me

You know when Saturday work started if was all full time driver work and they were forced T-S. All people did was talk crap and whine about it then when the Teamsters took a contract survey everyone wanted to work M-friend and said they did not want to work Saturdays. Now that the Teamsters make a weekend driver so all Full time package car drivers stay M-friend and all the sudden you want to go back to how we did it in the first place.. Holy crap what a bunch of Man babies.
They made a weekend driver who MAKES LESS money.
Also they squeezed in a phrase that screws RPCDs. “If work is available”

Fix that language and come back to me and I’ll tell you what to fix next.

LagunaBrown

They made a weekend driver who MAKES LESS money.
Also they squeezed in a phrase that screws RPCDs. “If work is available”

Fix that language and come back to me and I’ll tell you what to fix next.
They can not work them over full time drivers and in our ares we have a daily 8 hour and 40 hour weekly guarantee so that "if work is available" does not even apply to us. They do make less but earn full time progression and full time pension.

dogs.bite.me

They can not work them over full time drivers and in our ares we have a daily 8 hour and 40 hour weekly guarantee so that "if work is available" does not even apply to us. They do make less but earn full time progression and full time pension.
If work is available is applied directly to the RPCDs, not the combo drivers.

As much as you are telling people to read, I’d suggest you do the same

cachmeifucan

It’s the same... but I don’t see ups paying a 22.4 job 34 bucks an hour to work on the inside.... they are going to get the most production out of them that they can
I know they will make 34.79 after 4 years but what is starting pay and when they are not driving what is starting pay

dogs.bite.me

Attachments

• 790D4C3A-329E-4F2E-AA97-F075745F351C.png
    790D4C3A-329E-4F2E-AA97-F075745F351C.png
    732.7 KB · Views: 156
So it's not a combination job or is it. Or they just saying it's a combination job so the current drivers Don't vote No

They're saying it's a combo job so that when they're working inside loading ,local sort, clerk etc. it's not considered extra work and isn't bid out or offered as OT. It's basically to allow for a "jack of all trades" position so they can plug them wherever whenever without any notice.

AwashBwashCwash

22.4's won't have this for dinner

No but at least they will have a dinner.
Current part timers can't always say that. $10 an hour doesn't go very far in the grocery store these days.
Make me a 22.4, I'll deliver the :censored2: for $20 an hour. Yeah I'll make less than you but at least I can afford to put food on the table.
From a part-timer perspective, those 22.4 jobs don't sound that bad. We currently have to work weekends at our third part-time job anyways, and for a lot less than $20. You drivers make so :censored2:ing much that you might as well be on a totally different planet than us.

F

Frankie's Friend

They do not, but lets strike over it. This is the mentality and I have come to peace with it. These members think that since they voted the last contract down there will be more goodies in it for them. I say there is no more goodies and it only gets worse. Then we let them Strike.
Go back to work.