Catatonic

Nine Lives
Punched out 3 days this week in a tick under 9 hours. The other 2 days got it shoved straight up my :censored2:
And here's the kicker. They shoved it so far up my :censored2:the other 2 days, I really didn't lose anything but a few bucks. lmao. Being a 9.5 driver is a beautiful sight to behold. I highly recommend everyone get on the 9.5. It's tremendous

LMAO at TearsInRain saying 9.5 is no big deal. We just pay the grievance. Lmao. My center manager bout near had a seizure when Stewey told him to correct my dispatch or else. Tell us another cool story TearsInRain.
Your center is the exception then according to everyone else on BC.

ManInBrown

sucks to be the center manager i guess but no one higher than him cares
I couldn't care less who cares. Some I.E. geek who wouldn't last one day in my world, or some other suit. Doesn't matter to me. I asked to be relieved of excessive OT per the contract, and my request has been honored thus far.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I couldn't care less who cares. Some I.E. geek who wouldn't last one day in my world, or some other suit. Doesn't matter to me. I asked to be relieved of excessive OT per the contract, and my request has been honored thus far.
good, you shouldn't have to work OT, it's a terrible thing

also i did your job for more than a day you'll have to pick a different metric :(

CanOSup

One of them
i hate to break this to you, but your OCS doesn't make any important decisions at UPS
You truly are jaded my friend. Keep sitting in your Ivory tower planning Stops and Volume that are correct 14.8% of the time.

On car Sups and especially center managers make the most important decisions...the ones that impact the customers. Which is more important to the success of the company than your PKG numbers.

I was told to hire an additional 5 drivers last peak by the oh so important IE planner. I need 15. I was the one banging HR's door down to get the correct amount. I was the one training them. What did my planner do while I fixed his mistake? Building powerpoints.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
On car Sups and especially center managers make the most important decisions...the ones that impact the customers. Which is more important to the success of the company than your PKG numbers.

I was told to hire an additional 5 drivers last peak by the oh so important IE planner. I need 15. I was the one banging HR's door down to get the correct amount. I was the one training them. What did my planner do while I fixed his mistake? Building powerpoints.
i would argue the drivers are the ones doing the heavy lifting on the customers, not the center management

also how did you determine you needed 15 instead of 5? dumb example to drop without any more details there dude

CanOSup

One of them
i would argue the drivers are the ones doing the heavy lifting on the customers, not the center management

also how did you determine you needed 15 instead of 5? dumb example to drop without any more details there dude
When your dispatching a 13 hour day first week of December its pretty easy to see more drivers are needed.

I just find your statement of all operators being useless is also highly idiotic. C'mon man. Let go of your geek Ego and realize IE is just one small piece of the machine

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
When your dispatching a 13 hour day first week of December its pretty easy to see more drivers are needed.

I just find your statement of all operators being useless is also highly idiotic. C'mon man. Let go of your geek Ego and realize IE is just one small piece of the machine
everybody has a 13 hour day the first week in December what's your point

ManInBrown

Over 70

I know they panic at my center when a guy 9.5's and dispatch forgets. They start throwing stuff off the truck and the guy next to him gets a 14 hour day lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And if the guy next to him is 9.5, then they got another problem, especially if everyone would be 9.5, they would have a major problem.
Hopefully our union leaders will make the 9.5 language rock solid and easier to get on and maybe some of our babies will finally stop being afraid and get on the list....this company will be sorry they ever agreed to this language

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And if the guy next to him is 9.5, then they got another problem, especially if everyone would be 9.5, they would have a major problem.
And they say solidarity doesn't work... they would add cars and secretly the " center managers" will be jumping up and down because 50% of their workplace issues will be gone like that....fighting about overdispatching..

ManInBrown

So much for no one in management caring about 9.5

According to TearsInRain the district just pays the grievances and couldn't care less.

Nine weeks ago Stewie told my center manager to fix my dispatch or he'd have another 9.5 opt in driver

In the 9 weeks since, how many weeks do you think I've worked over 9.5 three days or more? Zero.

I get it stuck up my you know what 2 times per week, and the other 3 days I average between 8.75-9.25 days

The threat of 9.5 is a beautiful thing when utilized properly. Sure looks to me like someone, somewhere cared.

Last edited: