Bid route cut on Monday

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My bid route is typically cut on Monday’s. I have more seniority than all full time(unassigned) coverage drivers in my center. Does my seniority allow me to have top pick of available routes in this situation? I’ve gotten conflicting answers through the years. I am located in the southern region.
To stop this nonsense bid on a heavy industrial route. Work safely, take your lunch between 12-1 and message the center every hour You are falling further behind and will need help or there will be missed business stops and pickups.
You do this a couple of three Mondays and they will either keep your route
In or create you a route. Management never does anything unless they are forced to.
Force them!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Follow your work if seniority allows or you become an unassigned RPCD. Bumping a lower senior RPCD who works outside of your loop shouldn't be allowed unless your local language has addressed this situation.
Brah if you don’t know what you’re talking just there. loop makes no difference. it could be he can just bump in his building or it could be the whole local

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When you read the union book Canada it sounds like it's saying that Saturdays should be part timers. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but UPS is forcing long time weekday drivers to change to Tues-Sat delivery.
Who’s talking about Canada?

R1wonder

Yep that makes it easier for them to cut. Not necessarily easier for who gets the work. I have close to 40 pick ups on my route, pretty hard to cut.
My run doesn’t seem to be anyone’s favorite . 25-30 pickups and usually come back filled to the top.

But hey , it’s on every day !!!! My last run was cut Mondays and now it’s a cluster :censored2:. I’ll stick with my 30 pickups and bulked out commercial plazas and factories

Thebrownblob

My run doesn’t seem to be anyone’s favorite . 25-30 pickups and usually come back filled to the top.

But hey , it’s on every day !!!! My last run was cut Mondays and now it’s a cluster :censored2:. I’ll stick with my 30 pickups and bulked out commercial plazas and factories
Same

Up In Smoke

Brah if you don’t know what you’re talking just there. loop makes no difference. it could be he can just bump in his building or it could be the whole local
Our local language states that you can follow largest portion if seniority allows when broken in 2 or any portion if more than 2 way split if seniority allows. I stand corrected, the loop principle doesn't always apply.

Brown Down

it goes by supplement/rider. I deal with the same situation and here i would be considered the highest cover for the day aka i get choice of open routes. In another supplement(don't remember which) I would have been able to bump the most junior driver in my loop(assuming i wasn't the lowest) but of course if your route isn't split multiple ways you can follow your work(mine is split between 4 drivers)

Up In Smoke

it goes by supplement/rider. I deal with the same situation and here i would be considered the highest cover for the day aka i get choice of open routes. In another supplement(don't remember which) I would have been able to bump the most junior driver in my loop(assuming i wasn't the lowest) but of course if your route isn't split multiple ways you can follow your work(mine is split between 4 drivers)
I'm a 28+ year driver with the lowest seniority in my loop. I have the baseline with the most miles and fewest stops per day and my route is broken every Monday. I typically take the day off, but when forced in, I work as an unassigned driver per our local language.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Central Region Supplement:

1000012255.jpg

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
My bid route is typically cut on Monday’s. I have more seniority than all full time(unassigned) coverage drivers in my center. Does my seniority allow me to have top pick of available routes in this situation? I’ve gotten conflicting answers through the years. I am located in the southern region.
As long as the unassigned rpcd peon hasn’t bidded to cover a route for vacation your seniority should be honored. Start using that belly to bump. Dont be shy.

tourists24

I knew full and well what I signed up for and am not complaining. I usually get the day off when my route isn’t in on Monday, but am inquiring for when the day off isn’t an option.
You could always try to leverage the situation by asking them to go to a bid route you want on Mondays. If they refuse then you can butcher the route they stick you on til they accommodate you lol