Big announcement coming in Jan

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The how come civilizations have spent the past 8000 years destroying each other over the question of who's god is the true god and who loves him more?
An intelligent atheist educates himself on the beliefs he wishes to disprove, or risk exposing himself the fool.

And then there’s you.

bacha29

Maybe you need to find another line of work if this is how you really feel. Too bad your employees can't read this but regardless of what you think they most likely have you figured out by now. Nonetheless, if what you're saying is "the future of Ground" maybe the ship has already hit the iceberg.

Besides, paying employees with peanut shells and bottle caps is only gonna' work for so long.
Over on another thread he called his own drivers "stupid and replaceable" Of course he can say these things about his drivers because he hasn't run out of them......yet. And yes he can structure routes rather simply when one guy only has to work a nearby street . Let's see how good he is at working multiple rural counties.....with just one guy.

bacha29

An intelligent atheist educates himself on the beliefs he wishes to disprove, or risk exposing himself the fool.

And then there’s you.
Who cares what an atheist thinks. I'm an agnostic and blind faith is not one of my strong points. Now if you want to waste your Sunday's sitting in a pew listening to a bible thumper with a preacher's license and a high school diploma telling you what he expects you to believe regarding a piece of ancient text compiled by a power threatened monarch in an attempt to keep his illiterate subjects under control.....please cherish the experience.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Who cares what an atheist thinks. I'm an agnostic and blind faith is not one of my strong points. Now if you want to waste your Sunday's sitting in a pew listening to a bible thumper with a preacher's license and a high school diploma telling you what he expects you to believe regarding a piece of ancient text compiled by a power threatened monarch in an attempt to keep his illiterate subjects under control.....please cherish the experience.
Got it.

Ignorance is your god.

P1 Failure

It wouldn't be surprising. My last station as a courier I had a pickup route for a while. One of my pickups usually had a few packages for addresses along my route or between my route and the station. I'd usually deliver them same day when time permitted.

There are plenty of issues to work out with such a thing but it's nothing that can't be fixed, especially with Ground/resi deliveries.
At Express? Why would you do that?

It will be fine

Maybe you need to find another line of work if this is how you really feel. Too bad your employees can't read this but regardless of what you think they most likely have you figured out by now. Nonetheless, if what you're saying is "the future of Ground" maybe the ship has already hit the iceberg.

Besides, paying employees with peanut shells and bottle caps is only gonna' work for so long.
My drivers all know they are replaceable. The job isn’t that hard. If the wages were insufficient I wouldn’t have employees. From what I read here my guys make more than the average Express driver so I’m not terribly concerned.

bacha29

My drivers all know they are replaceable. The job isn’t that hard. If the wages were insufficient I wouldn’t have employees. From what I read here my guys make more than the average Express driver so I’m not terribly concerned.
"More than the average Express driver". $29 an hour plus overtime and a full benefit package? I'm more inclined to believe that you've got them out there killing themselves on a one of those pay per stop deals which falls in somewhere between trendy sharecropping and politically correct slavery.

It will be fine

"More than the average Express driver". $29 an hour plus overtime and a full benefit package? I'm more inclined to believe that you've got them out there killing themselves on a one of those pay per stop deals which falls in somewhere between trendy sharecropping and politically correct slavery.
You think the average express driver is making $29/hr?

zeev

Freddy says work with big box retailers who are still trying to figure out to compete with Amazon and they are going to push all this low margin stuff through ground. Also this will be accomplished by the 4th quarter. Now when you don’t deliver this stock will be under 100.00

bacha29

They advertise $19/hr for CDL holders around here. My starting pay is higher than that.
You're not fooling anybody. The more you talk the more it sounds like you're paying by the stop, no hourly wage, not OT, no employer funded benefits. Look we accept that what you're doing is becoming the industry norm but please don't try to tell us that pay wise you're running with the big dogs.

It will be fine

You're not fooling anybody. The more you talk the more it sounds like you're paying by the stop, no hourly wage, not OT, no employer funded benefits. Look we accept that what you're doing is becoming the industry norm but please don't try to tell us that pay wise you're running with the big dogs.
Whatever you say buddy. One of us runs a successful company and the other couldn’t hack it. Things have changed since day 1, you couldn’t keep up and suckered some fool to pay you while you sit on your rear forcing someone else to work.