Bill Barr

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

TARP was started by George W. Bush. if Obama hadn't made the decisive moves in order to save the economy we would have had a full-scale Depression. I love how all of you "Free Market" types wanted to just let all of these huge employers fail and then wait for the magic of the Free Market to bring prosperity out of the ashes.

Ever hear of the Multiplier Effect? If GM and the rest had gone down, hundreds of their suppliers would have also gone down. That equals a Depression.

There is no magic in a Free Market that isn't free.

TARP was started by George W. Bush. if Obama hadn't made the decisive moves in order to save the economy we would have had a full-scale Depression. I love how all of you "Free Market" types wanted to just let all of these huge employers fail and then wait for the magic of the Free Market to bring prosperity out of the ashes.

Ever hear of the Multiplier Effect? If GM and the rest had gone down, hundreds of their suppliers would have also gone down. That equals a Depression.

Bush saved half of the tarp money for Obama. It was a FEW large employers. Not “all these huge employers”. Obama past the economy over to the fed. Luckily Bernanke was a statesman use all the tools in his toolbox.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Double negative. Intended?

Yes. There is no such thing as a "free market" in the Libertarian sense of the word because the market is hardly free. There are so many subsidies and advantages given to certain industries and individuals that the so-called self correcting "miracle" of the free market is a complete fallacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

newfie

a few companies fail and new ones with more ethical practices survive. If I over spend and lose my house no one saves me.
by the way G.W. Bush and Obama are birds of the same feather.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
a few companies fail and new ones with more ethical practices survive. If I over spend and lose my house no one saves me.
by the way G.W. Bush and Obama are birds of the same feather.

Ethical practices don't exist in Big Business. Just ask Boeing or any of the other huge companies that do what's right for the bottom line, and the public be damned.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Delusional

Hardly. Big Business almost always does what enhances the bottom line. Sorry you don't understand that high concept. Trump has gutted regulations and put industry leaders in charge of regulating their former employers.

Boeing...again. Head of the FAA is ex-Boeing, acting Secretary of Defense is ex-Boeing.

Box Ox

Hardly. Big Business almost always does what enhances the bottom line. Sorry you don't understand that high concept. Trump has gutted regulations and put industry leaders in charge of regulating their former employers.

Boeing...again. Head of the FAA is ex-Boeing, acting Secretary of Defense is ex-Boeing.

I think “draining the swamp” has meant appointing department heads whose sole purpose is to run them straight into the ground and then point to them as examples of how government doesn’t work.

newfie

neing...again. Head of the FAA is ex-Boeing, acting Secretary of Defense is ex-Boeing.

Yes we should Have found some disconnected unsuccessful home less guys to run the country. Perhaps you'll apply?

newfie

I think “draining the swamp” has meant appointing department heads whose sole purpose is to run them straight into the ground and then point to them as examples of how government doesn’t work.

That's a different story. Too me the swamp is the machine that tries to destroy people in public service for political gain. Trump won't drain it but he has exposed it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes we should Have found some disconnected unsuccessful home less guys to run the country. Perhaps you'll apply?

Trump has "drained the swamp" by filling it with swamp creatures. To you, it's fine to have a former lobbyist for Big Coal run the EPA, because it's in line with your views.
A reasonable, sane person would see an obvious conflict of interest.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's a different story. Too me the swamp is the machine that tries to destroy people in public service for political gain. Trump won't drain it but he has exposed it.

He has made the swamp 10X as big and 20X deeper. Get a clue. His appointees are so in bed with the industries they "regulate" they might as well get married.

Do you put 2 packs of Kool-Aid in every cup, or just snort it through a straw? Really, can anyone be as clueless and as much of an apologist as you?

newfie

He has made the swamp 10X as big and 20X deeper. Get a clue. His appointees are so in bed with the industries they "regulate" they might as well get married.

Do you put 2 packs of Kool-Aid in every cup, or just snort it through a straw? Really, can anyone be as clueless and as much of an apologist as you?
He has exposed the swamp