Black Lives Matter? Statistics Show That They Do.....

vantexan

Institutional rasicm definitely exists. There was a recent study that showed black men that began their lives in the same middle class neighborhoods and family structures as whites are still twice as likely to drop into the lower class. There’s only one explanation.
There could be a multitude of explanations why. Percentage wise the majority of Blacks are in lower socioeconomic classes. Most Blacks just from my personal observation tend to associate with other Blacks just as most everyone in every race tend to hang out with their own race. If you hang out with people with a poor mindset you can get dragged into that world view. Just a theory. No doubt there is some of what you say. But really, do you think Blacks are no better off than before the Civil Rights Movement? By the way plenty of whites born into the middle class end up as working class stiffs. There's no guarantee of wealth and success. Ask the Blacks born into the middle class and stayed there, or moved up, how they did it.

It will be fine

There could be a multitude of explanations why. Percentage wise the majority of Blacks are in lower socioeconomic classes. Most Blacks just from my personal observation tend to associate with other Blacks just as most everyone in every race tend to hang out with their own race. If you hang out with people with a poor mindset you can get dragged into that world view. Just a theory. No doubt there is some of what you say. But really, do you think Blacks are no better off than before the Civil Rights Movement? By the way plenty of whites born into the middle class end up as working class stiffs. There's no guarantee of wealth and success. Ask the Blacks born into the middle class and stayed there, or moved up, how they did it.
Blacks are better off now than before civil rights, they are in no way equal to whites. There remains an achievement gap. We can debate the solutions to close that gap, we can’t pretend it doesn’t exist.

vantexan

Blacks are better off now than before civil rights, they are in no way equal to whites. There remains an achievement gap. We can debate the solutions to close that gap, we can’t pretend it doesn’t exist.
In no way equal? A black business owner living in an upscale neighborhood isn't the equal of a white FedEx Ground driver? bbSam isn't your equal? Inequality primarily exists in your mind. Education is the key ingredient. Plenty of Blacks have gotten the necessary education and have achieved great things. If the mindset is getting an education is acting white then those who buy into that have very few options.

It will be fine

In no way equal? A black business owner living in an upscale neighborhood isn't the equal of a white FedEx Ground driver? bbSam isn't your equal? Inequality primarily exists in your mind. Education is the key ingredient. Plenty of Blacks have gotten the necessary education and have achieved great things. If the mindset is getting an education is acting white then those who buy into that have very few options.
You’re stopping at invidual achievement ignoring the entire system. Individual black people can succeed, but the deck is stacked against them as a group. All data backs that up.

Heffalump

It takes for these key individuals to go above and beyond what a white counter part would have to do in similar scenarios. I've analyzed this first hand.

refineryworker05

Yes, He is.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Mlk was labeled a communist by the FBI, support with only one example where he was viewed as a criminal, or one instance where he ever condoned violence. You cannot hijack MLK, and his legacy, and only a sick pos would try to co-opt what he stood for and the methods he used to gain racial equality.
Again, MLK and the civil rights movement were far more radical than blm, there was far more violence back then and they were calling for the radical transformation of American society, and the radical transformation of power within American society.

MLK was personally constantly called a criminal are you serious? He was constantly getting arrested. Do you think he was getting arrested for the being black or was he getting arrested because the police said he was breaking the laws. LOL

Again, you cats are trying to whitewash history. MLK was commonly referred to as a criminal. He was consistently called anti-American and Anti- police, and he was consistently blamed for violence. He didn't advocate violence, but neither does BLM that didn't stop racists from blaming MLK for whatever violence occurred and saying his marches and speeches were radicalizing black people and causing or inspiring the black power movement and black people to be violent same as is done to blm today.
This was all done to discredit the civil rights movement despite its non violent stance the same as done to blm.
He was also consistently hated by the vast majority of the American public.

You really need to inform yourself.

refineryworker05

There's a difference between being called something and actually being something. Was MLK a proponent of violence to advance racial equality? No, he wasn't. And that was a major reason for his success. Standing up to violence with nonviolence. You're practicing revisionism. And I've seen nothing from BLM that indicates they're practicing nonviolence. They've openly called for the killing of cops. And, for Sportello's benefit, the problems that exist in the Black community today overall are very different from MLK's time. Back then they were trying to obtain equal status in all aspects of society. To have equal access. To stop brutal suppression of those goals. Today because of those efforts Blacks go to the same schools, use the same facilities, sit where they please, aren't denied simple human dignity. They date and marry other races, they run successful businesses, they buy into upscale communities and aren't relegated to living in substandard areas segregated from everyone else. They have the same right to prosper or fail as everyone else. The ones having difficulty are caught up in the legacy of liberal policies designed to support and make dependent rather than create self sufficiency. Those communities are notable for three major negative phenomenon: the dissolution of the nuclear family, the proliferation of drugs, and the resulting crime and violence. And BLM exists to shift blame from the Black community trapped in that environment to outside forces. Most black murders are committed by Blacks, yet BLM would have you believe otherwise. Marching in the street protesting against cops might make them feel better about themselves, but it won't change the underlying problems that make their lives so hard.

Again, the people who called MLK anti- American believed he was. The people who said MLK was responsible for violence believed he was. The people who said MLK was anti-cop believed he was. They had their explanations and rationalizations for why what they believed was true.

Just like you believe BLM is openly calling for killing cops. Even thought the leadership of BLM all say know we don't want cops murdered. LOL

And racists in the past also said the civil rights movement should focus on whats wrong within the black race. They also said that racism was no longer a problem and that what was wrong inside the black race was the real problem. These arguments you are making are old and again is always said about any movement for black Americans. They said it to MLK, they said to the NAACP, they said to any black organization that has ever fought for equal rights.

The problem isn't racism, the problem is whats wrong within the black race.

In fact, the belief in collective black racial dysfunction, is a bedrock belief of white supremacy and black inferiority.

refineryworker05

I don't believe in it because one can't fart sideways without a liberal screaming racism. I never said there aren't racists. But to hear "refi" tell it blacks are no better off than in the 60's. It's what you want to hold over everyone's heads to get the Black vote. So who's really advancing race relations in the U.S.?

Ah, to be in Georgia, where they're suspicious of all foreigners! :)

I have not said anything about the condition of black people vs the 1960's and now, that is a complete fabrication.

I mean not once have I said this the condition of black Americans now and this was the condition in the 1960's.

I have said that the criticism that BLM faces is the exact same criticism that every single civil rights organization has always faced in America and that is without question historically accurate.

The reality is BLM in the context of earlier civil rights organizations would be viewed as a mild milquetoast group.

Objectively, the civil rights movement of the past was far more radical than BLM, was far more disruptive and angry, and there was far more violence surrounding civil rights organizations than BLM. You all are rewriting history to criticize BLM as anti cop or pro violence while upholding the civil rights icons without understanding that those exact same charges were leveled at every civil rights organizations or individual icon.

Again, there was far more fear and anger towards MLK and what black people wanted in America, than simply calling for police reform.

vantexan

It takes for these key individuals to go above and beyond what a white counter part would have to do in similar scenarios. I've analyzed this first hand.
Depends very much on the individuals involved and the company they work for. And the company's tolerance for litigation. Not saying it doesn't happen, only that those that engage in such discrimination these days aren't very bright. And the reverse is true also in that if some blacks aren't as qualified they'll claim discrimination if they're passed over. Too often the onus is always put on the whites involved. All whites aren't sinners, and all blacks aren't saints.

refineryworker05

Institutional rasicm definitely exists. There was a recent study that showed black men that began their lives in the same middle class neighborhoods and family structures as whites are still twice as likely to drop into the lower class. There’s only one explanation.

The study you cited is devastating because it went beyond just that. It said that a black boy raised in a two parent household with a household income of $120,00 earned less than a white boy raised in a single parent home with a household income of $60,000.

In fact, black boys from affluent two parent households did worse across the board in terms of income than white boys from much poorer families at least in terms of incomes.

The broad scope of racial disparities in America is mindboggling and touches every aspect of American society.
Education, criminal justice, housing, employment, entrepreneurship, car loans, business loans, investment capital, healthcare, etc.

I mean black Americans with college degrees have less wealth than white folks who dropped out of high school.

Black American women die from childbirth at twice the rate of other women no matter their wealth or income the disparities exist.

Black Americans when compared to white people with the same level of education have about twice the unemployment rate.

In fact, black Americans with two year college degrees have a similar unemployment rate as white high school dropouts than they do to white people who merely graduated from high school.

In every single aspect of American society, there are these gigantic racial disparities.

And this is a population that for 80% of American history by law weren't even considered people and definitely not Americans who any rights.

vantexan

Again, the people who called MLK anti- American believed he was. The people who said MLK was responsible for violence believed he was. The people who said MLK was anti-cop believed he was. They had their explanations and rationalizations for why what they believed was true.

Just like you believe BLM is openly calling for killing cops. Even thought the leadership of BLM all say know we don't want cops murdered. LOL

And racists in the past also said the civil rights movement should focus on whats wrong within the black race. They also said that racism was no longer a problem and that what was wrong inside the black race was the real problem. These arguments you are making are old and again is always said about any movement for black Americans. They said it to MLK, they said to the NAACP, they said to any black organization that has ever fought for equal rights.

The problem isn't racism, the problem is whats wrong within the black race.

In fact, the belief in collective black racial dysfunction, is a bedrock belief of white supremacy and black inferiority.
Again with the revisionism. The wonderful thing about today's technology is it's everywhere. I've seen BLM leaders call for the killing of cops, and in several places blacks took them up on it. And again trying to twist things. YOU say there's this bedrock belief but you have it wrong. If I were the racist you believe I am then why is it that if Allen West or Condoleeza Rice ran for president I would vote for them? And would've voted for them over all the Republican candidates in the 2016 field save one, who wasn't Trump by the way. Why is it that I think Nelson Mandela was one of the greatest leaders ever? You are too poisoned with your view of the white race and make no allowances for exceptions to your orthodoxy. The world is too complicated with shades of gray to be boiled to just black and white, no pun intended.

vantexan

The study you cited is devastating because it went beyond just that. It said that a black boy raised in a two parent household with a household income of $120,00 earned less than a white boy raised in a single parent home with a household income of $60,000.

In fact, black boys from affluent two parent households did worse across the board in terms of income than white boys from much poorer families at least in terms of incomes.

The broad scope of racial disparities in America is mindboggling and touches every aspect of American society.
Education, criminal justice, housing, employment, entrepreneurship, car loans, business loans, investment capital, healthcare, etc.

I mean black Americans with college degrees have less wealth than white folks who dropped out of high school.

Black American women die from childbirth at twice the rate of other women no matter their wealth or income the disparities exist.

Black Americans when compared to white people with the same level of education have about twice the unemployment rate.

In fact, black Americans with two year college degrees have a similar unemployment rate as white high school dropouts than they do to white people who merely graduated from high school.

In every single aspect of American society, there are these gigantic racial disparities.

And this is a population that for 80% of American history by law weren't even considered people and definitely not Americans who any rights.
80% of American history? Better add your numbers again. You put out a lot of B.S. but let's see you back those numbers up.

armyvet

I must be blind or slow when it comes to statistics...I have shared fox holes with every race you can think of. Same pay rate..same nasty ass MRE's...same mission. My last room mate actually got promoted before me and he was black, but not because he was black..because he busted his ass and made sure he got promoted. Just a bad-ass GI. When I got out the first job I landed was with a great guy who owned his own lighting company. Yes..another black guy. He worked his ass off and made something for himself. You can throw statistics around, and probably most of it could be true..but my experience..RL experience not a study, you can be successful no matter who you are. Put the dam work in and stop expecting everything handed to you. Only segregation I see is between the gimme and I went out an got it. As far as BLM I served so they can voice their opinion. The right to point out injustice. I just don't know anyone in my small circle that actually joins in with it..they are to busy working.

It will be fine

I must be blind or slow when it comes to statistics...I have shared fox holes with every race you can think of. Same pay rate..same nasty ass MRE's...same mission. My last room mate actually got promoted before me and he was black, but not because he was black..because he busted his ass and made sure he got promoted. Just a bad-ass GI. When I got out the first job I landed was with a great guy who owned his own lighting company. Yes..another black guy. He worked his ass off and made something for himself. You can throw statistics around, and probably most of it could be true..but my experience..RL experience not a study, you can be successful no matter who you are. Put the dam work in and stop expecting everything handed to you. Only segregation I see is between the gimme and I went out an got it. As far as BLM I served so they can voice their opinion. The right to point out injustice. I just don't know anyone in my small circle that actually joins in with it..they are to busy working.
So are you arguing that the clear disparities in results of the black community compared to whites is entirely the failure of black people? There really isn’t another option. Either there is systemic institutional racism adversely affecting blacks or blacks are just not hard working enough as a people.