By Invitation Only

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah it'll go up to about 450
It is true set it and forget it
I use the igrill Bluetooth thermometer it goes off when your meat gets to within 10 degrees of your target temp

If I want a thick steak, cooked just right, I'll put a half kiln shelf on the grate below the cooking grate. Build my fire on the open side, cook the meat to about 120º, then move it over the open coals to get the good crust, sear.

Comes off at about 130º, and is medium-rare all the way through.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah it'll go up to about 450
It is true set it and forget it
I use the igrill Bluetooth thermometer it goes off when your meat gets to within 10 degrees of your target temp

I use a Maverick ET-732. I can set a low and a high temp for the cooker, and a target temp for the meat. Remote receiver up to about 300'.

Not the highest tech, but I like it.

If I ever buy a BGE, I'm investing in one of the remote control fan systems to regulate the heat.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If I want a thick steak, cooked just right, I'll put a half kiln shelf on the grate below the cooking grate. Build my fire on the open side, cook the meat to about 120º, then move it over the open coals to get the good crust, sear.

Comes off at about 130º, and is medium-rare all the way through.

I've just recently started messing around with the reverse sear

Liking the results gets a nice crust without over cooking the center

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I use a Maverick ET-732. I can set a low and a high temp for the cooker, and a target temp for the meat. Remote receiver up to about 300'.

Not the highest tech, but I like it.

If I ever buy a BGE, I'm investing in one of the remote control fan systems to regulate the heat.

That's what the big boys use to regulate heat

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpeg

My great grandfathers Filling station.

Circa early 60's