By Invitation Only

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. You're wrong. If more people were to speak up we might not have as much crime as we do. I'll call the cops in a heartbeat. I couldn't sleep at night if I saw something go down and someone died because I didn't try to get help.

Merci beaucoups.

Went down to the police station this morning to give my statement. The sad part is the victim initially declined medical attention nor did he want to press charges so the cops kinda dropped it, which is a shame as there were 3 witnesses standing less than 10' away who saw the whole thing.

The victim went to the police station Saturday night complaining of medical issues. The cop confided that he most likely sought medical care, got the bill, doesn't have insurance and is now willing to press charges so that he can his bill taken care of.

Turns out the perp is well known to our local police, which is, of course, not a good thing-----kind of like a center manager who knows your name. He is a convicted felon with a lengthy criminal history which is a shame as he is not that old.

As I was walking out I did ask the cop if I have anything to worry about and he told me no.

I do expect to hear from the DA and, unless the perp's lawyer pleads out, I may very well be called to testify.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Merci beaucoups.

Went down to the police station this morning to give my statement. The sad part is the victim initially declined medical attention nor did he want to press charges so the cops kinda dropped it, which is a shame as there were 3 witnesses standing less than 10' away who saw the whole thing.

The victim went to the police station Saturday night complaining of medical issues. The cop confided that he most likely sought medical care, got the bill, doesn't have insurance and is now willing to press charges so that he can his bill taken care of.

Turns out the perp is well known to our local police, which is, of course, not a good thing-----kind of like a center manager who knows your name. He is a convicted felon with a lengthy criminal history which is a shame as he is not that old.

As I was walking out I did ask the cop if I have anything to worry about and he told me no.

I do expect to hear from the DA and, unless the perp's lawyer pleads out, I may very well be called to testify.

Remember, you can't carry in the court house.

oldngray

nowhere special
gifdump_1354_09.gif