By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We used to have a tick problem but now that we have a dozen or so wild turkeys roaming the neighborhood --no more ticks. Wild turkeys eat a bazillion ticks a day. Now if we can just keep the bears from eating the turkeys we have it made.
I've got turkeys and chickens roaming all over my property. Still tons of ticks.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Last night while wrapping up the kids party, I found a tic on me. Not burrowed, identified as lone star tic. We live near a pretty woodsy area and a farm, but haven't seen a tic in the five years we've been here. My question to you guys is....do I ignore it, treat it as an isolated incident, or do I spray/pesticide my entire lawn for the sake of my families safety. I will say I don't use any lawn care products or anything like that because I believe all of that stuff is harmful to developing brains and organs, but am torn with the idea of Lyme disease and my kids.

Reposted since I Monday morninged it into a wrong thread.
Be careful. My stepdad caught Lyme disease working out in the yard last weekend. Absolutely kicking his ass right now

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Be careful. My stepdad caught Lyme disease working out in the yard last weekend. Absolutely kicking his ass right now
It's already kicking his ass? I didn't know symptoms showed up so fast. Lucky for him they caught it so soon. I know two people who had it for a long time before getting a diagnosis. It will cause them problems the rest of their lives.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's already kicking his ass? I didn't know symptoms showed up so fast. Lucky for him they caught it so soon. I know two people who had it for a long time before getting a diagnosis. It will cause them problems the rest of their lives.

Yeah, I thought it lurked for years as a mostly chronic condition that was frequently misdiagnosed.