By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 23 years
The government cannot censor trademarks on the grounds they may be offensive to some, the Supreme Court ruled Monday in a major decision that could also clear the way for the Washington Redskins football team to maintain its trademarks.
Supreme Court rules trademarks aren’t government speech, boosts Redskins case

Does that mean all the Indian names that "HAD" to be changed around here a few years can go back to the way they were? Hell even one of the area High Schools had to get rid of its "Warriors" logo that showed a fierce-brave looking Indian warrior. What the hell do the Indians want?--to be portrayed as pusillanimous?

oldngray

nowhere special
Does that mean all the Indian names that "HAD" to be changed around here a few years can go back to the way they were? Hell even one of the area High Schools had to get rid of its "Warriors" logo that showed a fierce-brave looking Indian warrior. What the hell do the Indians want?--to be portrayed as pusillanimous?

It sounds like they could. If they felt secure enough to not worry about being politically correct.

rod

Retired 23 years
It sounds like they could. If they felt secure enough to not worry about being politically correct.

It won't happen. As with most states we are full of "politically correct" politicians. My hats off to the Washington Red Skins (if any team should have been made to change its name that is the one) for fighting this fight. Let the protests begin.

oldngray

nowhere special
It won't happen. As with most states we are full of "politically correct" politicians. My hats off to the Washington Red Skins (if any team should have been made to change its name that is the one) for fighting this fight. Let the protests begin.

I never could understand how so many wackos ended up there with the neighboring states being so much more conservative.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Red skin?...@MyTripisCut on vacation, especially the scalp!

oldngray

nowhere special
Red skin?...@MyTripisCut on vacation, especially the scalp!
Sunburn.jpg