By Invitation Only

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hear people say this, but I'm not sure I agree. I guess if you have a big football program you enjoy you could say that. But here nobody cares for UCONN, it's all about basketball. And I didn't go to a football school, it was a hockey school.

I just think there are too many games for college football. Turn on the TV on Saturday and there's 50 games to watch.

UConn is a basketball school.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It was a big deal that none of the Patriots kneeled, so I'm guessing yes.

It will keep going until the ratings are so in the trash that they'll have to force guys to stop. Ala ESPN
Still doing hands holding thing. I saw that at the Jets game. Meanwhile, all the fans had their hands over their hearts.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You're insane. Several of the early games came down to the wire. Want to keep politics out of sports? Ignore it, stop watching any of the talk shows. How is the product watered down? Because they have made helmet to head and neck hits illegal? Get the :censored2: out of here
I don't watch the talk shows. They just keep talking about it, then the half time show comes and yet again here it is again.

The NFL is like watching a bunch of commercials. National anthem, commercial, kick off, commercial, first drive, commercial. Punt, commercial, second drive, rinse and repeat.

It's watered down not because of the things you mentioned, that was needed. It's watered down because instead of Sunday being football day it's spread out. There is no excitement anymore. Because there are only 3 days now where you can turn your tv on and not see an NFL game.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You're insane. Several of the early games came down to the wire. Want to keep politics out of sports? Ignore it, stop watching any of the talk shows. How is the product watered down? Because they have made helmet to head and neck hits illegal? Get the :censored2: out of here

It's watered down because no one can block a guy who is 265 pounds and runs a 4.5. Plain and simple. They turned into a passing league years ago. The tuck rule is one of the most bogus plays in all of sports history. I despise Tom Brady and he's the best in the game. The offense is allowed to do whatever they want. Your spoons are all gone, and your ass is hanging out. No go :censored2: off please!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
UConn is a basketball school.
tenor.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't watch the talk shows. They just keep talking about it, then the half time show comes and yet again here it is again.

The NFL is like watching a bunch of commercials. National anthem, commercial, kick off, commercial, first drive, commercial. Punt, commercial, second drive, rinse and repeat.

It's watered down not because of the things you mentioned, that was needed. It's watered down because instead of Sunday being football day it's spread out. There is no excitement anymore. Because there are only 3 days now where you can turn your tv on and not see an NFL game.

ESPN needs to show other sports instead of endless hours of opinions and politics.

I liked when they used to show rarely televised sports. Better than listening to idiotic talking heads.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Still doing hands holding thing. I saw that at the Jets game. Meanwhile, all the fans had their hands over their hearts.
The whole kneeling thing is stupid. At least Kaepernick's protest was about something. The kneeling isn't about America, gun crime, cops killing people, it's purely about Trump. They're spitting on the flag because Trump is a jackass.

I hate Trump more than just about anybody, but that just turns me off. The hate is misdirected.

Wally

ESPN needs to show other sports instead of endless hours of opinions and politics.

I liked when they used to show rarely televised sports. Better than listening to idiotic talking heads.
Weightlifting, motorcycle on ice racing, bowling, cliff diving...

oldngray

nowhere special
The whole kneeling thing is stupid. At least Kaepernick's protest was about something. The kneeling isn't about America, gun crime, cops killing people, it's purely about Trump. They're spitting on the flag because Trump is a jackass.

I hate Trump more than just about anybody, but that just turns me off. The hate is misdirected.
3d95fc.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

We've gone over this countless times, everybody knows it. And they are suffering because of it.

But at the same time, I don't even care. I don't miss watching ESPN. If I want a laugh, I'll go to Barstool. Everybody associates sports writing and media with ESPN and it's just stupid. There are so many good outlets out there.

Wally

No, Trump called the whole false concept of cops just want to kill, out.