By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
They are showing the Astros parade downtown right now. Holy cow! looks like the lines at academy to get shirts and caps after game 7 Wednesday night.

You prefer a more casual look?

picdump_2659_03.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Don't pull a Jon Jon Kennedy up there.
Unlike that bag of wind I'm licensed to fly in those crappy conditions. What a :censored2:.

That's what all those rich idiots do. They get their pilots license, buy a plane that's got too much oomph for their skills, and run it into the drink or hit a mountain.

oldngray

nowhere special
He trained in a Cessna 172. And got his license and bought a Piper Saratoga. Went from 175HP to 300HP. It's like going from a smart car that is built like a tank to a Lamborghini with no traction control and bald tires.

He had no business flying that.

Didn't he have less than 10 hours in his new plane?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Unlike that bag of wind I'm licensed to fly in those crappy conditions. What a :censored2:.

That's what all those rich idiots do. They get their pilots license, buy a plane that's got too much oomph for their skills, and run it into the drink or hit a mountain.
Did you ever fly an open biplane?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Did you ever fly an open biplane?
I have never done that, but I would like to.

The most fun plane I've ever flown is an aerobatic plane called a Super Decathalon. It's light as hell, the wings are made of fabric, but they strapped a big ass engine on it. You can do rolls in it and some crazy stuff. We had to wear parachutes when we flew it in case something happened. I had to take a parachute course and they like train you how to pop the seat belt and get out the door in less than 5 seconds.