By Invitation Only

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I mentioned a while back about how the independents who bring loads into my old yard go by their gps and turn off onto a narrow road near our building and can't make the turn. Here is what it looks like from the street.
IMG_1228.jpeg

It's happened at least 2 times this year on my son's shift. probably a lot more times as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
I am going to my sisters for Christmas. She moved recently so sent me the directions from Google.

First 2 turns are in the wrong direction and it makes stupid choices of what roads to use. With her address I can just look it up and find it myself.

Makes sense in a way coming from her. She is one of those people who never use street names or numbers to give directions. She uses "landmarks" that only make sense to her and some of which no longer even exist.

E

el blanco

I am going to my sisters for Christmas. She moved recently so sent me the directions from Google.

First 2 turns are in the wrong direction and it makes stupid choices of what roads to use. With her address I can just look it up and find it myself.

Makes sense in a way coming from her. She is one of those people who never use street names or numbers to give directions. She uses "landmarks" that only make sense to her and some of which no longer even exist.

turn where the old Johnson barn burned down (that was thirty years ago)

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My doorbell rang last night about 8pm. It was a pizza delivery guy. Said "I have your pizzas. That will be $22.00." "I said I didn't order a pizza. What is the address on the order?" "4022 _____." "This is 4023 _____." I think if I had to deliver anything, the first thing I'd learn is the one side of the street is odd #'s, the other side is even #'s. I texted my neighbor and told them if they had prepaid for their pizzas, I'd be eating them about now. lol.