By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 23 years
I never heard of schools closing here because it was cold until about 2000. That's when the real pusification of America was starting. Now they shut the schools down if the temperature reaches 30 below. There was one time they shut down the schools I delivered to when it got too hot in the spring. I think that day it got up to 85.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I never heard of schools closing here because it was cold until about 2000. That's when the real pusification of America was starting. Now they shut the schools down if the temperature reaches 30 below. There was one time they shut down the schools I delivered to when it got too hot in the spring. I think that day it got up to 85.
Or that was when someone wised up and said what in the hell are we doing having kids stand at bus stops in 30 below temps?

upschuck

Or that was when someone wised up and said what in the hell are we doing having kids stand at bus stops in 30 below temps?
School wasn't called off, unless there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. Never for temps. And I walked to school every day, just short of a mile for Jr and hs. Had to be over a mile away for the bus to pick you up. I turned out ok.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It started in the 90's ... it's just that MN is slow to get the latest.
Y'all have internet yet?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Waaahhhhh, it's cold and I hafta' go to school...
flood.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
School wasn't called off, unless there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. Never for temps. And I walked to school every day, just short of a mile for Jr and hs. Had to be over a mile away for the bus to pick you up. I turned out ok.
It's the equivalent of letting kids ride around without car seats. No one is blaming the way it used to be. We just know better now.