By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
My biggest issue isn't with the teams they selected but the logic they used to reach those conclusions. When the playoffs first started they probably relied too much on computer numbers but the goal was supposedly to force teams to play tougher schedules to strengthen their resumes. This year was definitely a step backward where it was better to play an easier schedule and end up a better record, and the final decisions ended up being chosen on the basis of which teams they liked best. I guess its time for everyone to start scheduling more FCS games again.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My biggest issue isn't with the teams they selected but the logic they used to reach those conclusions. When the playoffs first started they probably relied too much on computer numbers but the goal was supposedly to force teams to play tougher schedules to strengthen their resumes. This year was definitely a step backward where it was better to play an easier schedule and end up a better record, and the final decisions ended up being chosen on the basis of which teams they liked best. I guess its time for everyone to start scheduling more FCS games again.
The goal since the playoffs started has been to pick the best 4.

I think the committee has been validated in their choices this year. Where they :censored2:ed up was dropping BAMA too far after their loss

Brownslave688

Should have to be conference champion, with only 4 teams.
Nope. Completely arbitrary and does nothing to prove you are one of the 4 best teams.

This year is the prime example. You would of left the best team in the country out just because they lost a tie breaker.

Brownslave688

Their reasoning was Bama would be in regardless of who won the conference championship games just because they liked Bama. That is just wrong.
Their reasoning was because BAMA was clearly one of the best 4 teams.

If BAMA had gotten their asses kicked like Ohio state last year. Then there's a valid argument. They didn't. They proved they belong. What are people still butt hurt about?

upschuck

Nope. Completely arbitrary and does nothing to prove you are one of the 4 best teams.

This year is the prime example. You would of left the best team in the country out just because they lost a tie breaker.
They lost to the one good team they played. Non conference schedule was a joke, sec was down this year.

oldngray

nowhere special
Their reasoning was because BAMA was clearly one of the best 4 teams.

If BAMA had gotten their asses kicked like Ohio state last year. Then there's a valid argument. They didn't. They proved they belong. What are people still butt hurt about?

On a subjective basis. Not by the schedule Bama played in the real world. I'm not saying they aren't a good team but with the section committee's reasoning to include them. I strongly believe a team should be penalized for playing FCS teams. Especially late in the year.

Brownslave688

They lost to the one good team they played. Non conference schedule was a joke, sec was down this year.
Schedules are made years in advance. Their matchup vs Florida state was billed as a "game of the century" type heading into the season. Two top 5 preaseason teams.

They just took the #1 team in the country behind the woodshed and showed them that big brother is still the boss.

I mean this is idiotic. Bama is gonna win the national title and people are going to be bitching that they shouldn't of even gotten in. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Brownslave688

Georgia looks to be a more solid team. We will find out in a few days.
It'll all come down to if Georgia true freshman qb can get the job done. I hope Georgia wins but I wouldn't bank on it. The bama defense is healthy again for the first time since week 1 and I doubt Georgia will have much success running the ball.

Brownslave688

On a subjective basis. Not by the schedule Bama played in the real world. I'm not saying they aren't a good team but with the section committee's reasoning to include them. I strongly believe a team should be penalized for playing FCS teams. Especially late in the year.
What was the selection committee "reasoning" for including them?

oldngray

nowhere special
What was the selection committee "reasoning" for including them?

The teams they "liked" the best with little to support how they reached those conclusions. And they did say Bama was going to get in regardless of what had happened in the conference championships. I agree Bama is a good team but they didn't prove it during the season by playing almost all weak teams. It wasn't who they beat but not losing that got them in.

oldngray

nowhere special
Basketball is for losers!

Gay.

th.jpg

.. just ask @Covemastah