By Invitation Only

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Took it to the house but I EC a lot of in town stuff yesterday because I took two spills on icy steps then said friend this.

I'm really sore today.
It kills me when able-bodied households have no clear walkways and just footprints trudged through six inches of snow.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I was still working it was hard to keep driveway shoveled. It usually froze to ice before I had enough time. Now I am usually able to shovel right away.
Part of the beauty of living an hour away in a very hilly town. I rarely am able to get to work the first day after a snow.

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw on the news yesterday about people in parts of the city complaining their streets haven't been plowed all winter. My route was like that. I could get stuck in the middle of the street.

oldngray

nowhere special
I drove one back around '77. It was stood up under the lower shelf. It had a piece of the shelf (wood) cut out so it could stick up through it.

Yeah now that I think about it some of the really old trucks had spares. But I think those were eventually taken out of all the trucks. Now its a road call and the shop calls a contractor to come out and change your tire.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I saw on the news yesterday about people in parts of the city complaining their streets haven't been plowed all winter. My route was like that. I could get stuck in the middle of the street.
My old town I lived 2 miles from work. But edge of city limits and on a culdesac. One of the last roads to get plowed.

I called in after an 18 inch snow. They said we will come get you. Ok come get me. They broke a cv axle in an SUV trying to get to me.

oldngray

nowhere special
My old town I lived 2 miles from work. But edge of city limits and on a culdesac. One of the last roads to get plowed.

I called in after an 18 inch snow. They said we will come get you. Ok come get me. They broke a cv axle in an SUV trying to get to me.

I live outside the city and they keep the roads here clear. In the city they plow the mayor's neighborhood but the ghetto can forget about it.