By Invitation Only

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Should be eyeglasses, not earplugs. They are readers.

You ever heard of putting fertilizer and seed on top of snow?

Was talking to an old man today that said he mixes seed with a slow release fertilizer and puts it on top of the first snow. Never heard that before

His yard is badass. Bluegrass keeps it mowed real short has a well so water is cheap

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Was talking to an old man today that said he mixes seed with a slow release fertilizer and puts it on top of the first snow. Never heard that before

His yard is badass. Bluegrass keeps it mowed real short has a well so water is cheap
They call that dormant seeding. I would skip the fertilizer though.

The thinking of dormant seeding is the freeze-thaw cycle helps the seed make good soil contact.

rod

Retired 23 years
They call that dormant seeding. I would skip the fertilizer though.

The thinking of dormant seeding is the freeze-thaw cycle helps the seed make good soil contact.

I did some landscaping right before our first snowfall last fall and seeded it. I'll let you know how that worked out in a few months.

Wally

I did some landscaping right before our first snowfall last fall and seeded it. I'll let you know how that worked out in a few months.
You should sow heaver than normal. You will have a lower germination rate, but yea, it will work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I've always heard the last snow.

Seed needs constant moisture to germinate. Most people either overwater and it floats away or underwater and it dries out.

The easiest way for most to ensure the right amount is to seed at the end of winter cycle.

Wally

Seed needs constant moisture to germinate. Most people either overwater and it floats away or underwater and it dries out.

The easiest way for most to ensure the right amount is to seed at the end of winter cycle.
Yea, as long as the ground is cold you are good.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Not sure it matters which snow not gonna germinate until spring anyway