By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We always seem to know someone whos kid is selling them and the wife is a born sucker for buying anything a kid sells. I buy if a kid actually is the one selling them but if a parent tries I just tell no---and the reason why.

Admit it, you’re a sucker for a kid’s pleading face. Lol.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
What is the thanks-a lot?
It's a round, thin cookie with a coating of chocolate on the bottom. It has "thanks a lot" stamped on top of it in various languages.
IMG_1825.JPG

rod

Retired 23 years
Admit it, you’re a sucker for a kid’s pleading face. Lol.

I just appreciate it when a kid actually does the work and the parent stays out of it (other than drive them around). I hate now days where you get an email from some company stating that so and so's school is selling pizzas or whatever and they expect you to buy. Now the parent don't even get involved.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I just appreciate it when a kid actually does the work and the parent stays out of it (other than drive them around). I hate now days where you get an email from some company stating that so and so's school is selling pizzas or whatever and they expect you to buy. Now the parent don't even get involved.
I get what you’re saying, but anymore, depending on where you live, they don’t want girls to go door to door so the only place they can sell cookies is outside of stores or the parents can take the forms to work. I used to sign my kids up for a lot of booths.

I never gave out anyone’s email addresses for those kinds of sales. I would be irritated if someone gave out mine.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When my girl was in GS, I admit I sold some at work. I had a built in customer base with a bunch of hungry feeder drivers.
GS cookies always sold themselves. Unlike the frigging wrapping paper and candles. I flat out refused to sell that stuff. I must not have been alone because then they got creative saying if a kid sold over a certain amount they would get a limo ride to school. Nope. Still nope.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I get what you’re saying, but anymore, depending on where you live, they don’t want girls to go door to door so the only place they can sell cookies is outside of stores or the parents can take the forms to work. I used to sign my kids up for a lot of booths.

I never gave out anyone’s email addresses for those kinds of sales. I would be irritated if someone gave out mine.

I saw somewhere on the news
The girls scouts set up outside a Weed Store in L.A. sold bunches of cookies

That’s some creative marketing

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
At least when my wife was a GS leader, you were encouraged to take as many cookies for your child as you could, over and above your preorders. The incentive here is you have to pay out of your pocket for the ones you don't sell.

rod

Retired 23 years

Even though I live in the sticks the neighbor kids still feel safe enough to ride their bikes over after school and up and down the road if they are selling something. When my grandkids come from Texas (where they aren't allowed out of the fenced in back yard without a parent) they love the freedom they have around here. My daughter grew up here so she still trusts the area to be safe. I can't recall any child abduction or anything even close to it happening anywhere in a 60 mile radius from us. Maybe we are naïve but we still live the "good life" around here. I won't say we never lock a door but its not a high priority thing that has to be done.