By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had the opposite problem here. 95% of the fruit people would send to Mn. from Texas and Florida for Christmas was frozen solid by the time it got here. We called boxes of oranges and grapefruit croquet balls and apples turned to applesauce when thawed out.
Ever get tropical fish?

I remember those boxes being frozen solid

oldngray

nowhere special
That looks like @jakefromstatefarm
Jake hello.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
Ever get tropical fish?

I remember those boxes being frozen solid

I saw something nobody would believe. A supermarket was having a grand opening and apparently they were going to give goldfish to all the kids. The fish came in on Monday so it had been sitting in a trailer all weekend in bitter cold weather. When I delivered it I told the manager this wasn't going to be pretty and that UPS didn't guarantee live things. We opened it up and it was a solid block of ice except for a space in the middle about the size of a softball and that was slush. All the fish were suspended in ice. It was then that manager said "they will be OK-you will see". I stopped back later that and the damn things were swimming around like nothing had happened. I've also seen schools of baby bullheads in a lake that were froze solid swim away when thawed out.