By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
z-funny-39-8.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
While cafeterias at tech companies in sprawling suburban areas might make sense, that approach is incongruous with operating in an urban environment, says city supervisor Ahsha Safai, who co-sponsored the legislation with supervisor Aaron Peskin.

"We’re in the process of entitling 6 million square feet of new office space, so it's the right time to ensure that the vibrancy of our neighborhoods is preserved," says Safai, an urban planner by training.

"San Francisco has a rich history of culinary expertise and cuisine," he adds. "We're not talking about taking away a perk. You can still provide it, through vouchers or food accounts or catering. There are lots of ways to enhance and support the local economy."

636682096376506973-googlfood.jpg

Employees socialize at Google's cafeteria, one of the many perks for workers at the company's sprawling suburban campus in Mountain View, California.
MARTIN E. KLIMEK FOR USA TODAY
Anthony Myint is co-owner of The Perennial, a sophisticated eatery that features Aquaponic Kale and McFarland Springs Trout not far from headquarters of Twitter and Uber south of the city’s bustling financial district.

He was hopeful that the presence of thousands of well-paid young professionals would be a boon to his establishment. But instead, he said he has struggled to stay afloat while others floundered.

“Around eight restaurants within two blocks of here, some with Michelin-rated chefs, have all closed, and we’re struggling to make ends meet,” Myint says.
That's business. Move the restaurant near where the workers live, not work.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't get me wrong there's a special place in my heart for her but I am the disciplinarian there is no doubt about that.

And I'm ok with that. It's very satisfying when everyone is acting fools trying to contain her and all I have to do is snap my fingers and give her a look most times.
Mean Daddy!