By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
It’s not bad. The county I live in isn’t totally overdeveloped yet. Still some big farms, even in my town.
A lot of the farmland near me is being turned into subdivisions. Some of the farmers who refused to sell for years have died off and their kids are more interested in the money than farming.

Kind of sucks for people who tried to move away from the crowds and are now being surrounded by it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
A lot of the farmland near me is being turned into subdivisions. Some of the farmers who refused to sell for years have died off and their kids are more interested in the money than farming.

Kind of sucks for people who tried to move away from the crowds and are now being surrounded by it.
My street is a subdivision. 14 years ago it was asparagus farm. The farm that sold it is still operational, family run, and I can walk two houses down and be on their land.

oldngray

nowhere special
My street is a subdivision. 14 years ago it was asparagus farm. The farm that sold it is still operational, family run, and I can walk two houses down and be on their land.
When I was a kid and lived in Delaware we rented a house from a farmer and could walk across the street to pick asparagus or behind the back yard to pick corn. Plus super fresh milk that spoiled me for life. Old German farmer family.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As them what varieties they are growing?

I wonder how much work that is? The plants can live for decades and you cut them in the spring.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
As them what varieties they are growing?

I wonder how much work that is? The plants can live for decades and you cut them in the spring.
I’ll ask when I see them next. I wanted to try and grow some hops in my backyard and sell them as a local sourced ingredient for all the little breweries popping up.

Wally

That's Show Biz!

Wally

My water is hard though as is most well water. We use a softener. Lots of iron deposits in the bedrock.

oldngray

nowhere special
z-funny-3-5.png

oldngray

nowhere special
My water is hard though as is most well water. We use a softener. Lots of iron deposits in the bedrock.
My township used to have its own wells and the water was full of minerals and you almost had to have a softener. Not a problem now that we are tied into city water that isn't nearly as hard.

Wally

My township used to have its own wells and the water was full of minerals and you almost had to have a softener. Not a problem now that we are tied into city water that isn't nearly as hard.
They still use wells, or a reservoir?