By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
They still use wells, or a reservoir?
Wells. Its from an area with a lot of gravel beds and has very good water quality. The city annexed some land and put in deeper wells than the township was using so pretty much forced us to pay to tie in to city water. The problem with the well water before was the water treatment plant was wearing out and it was either pay a ton of money to fix up or switch to city water. With the city already draining the same aquifer it left us little choice.

The city uses reservoirs for its other 2 water sources but the best water quality is from the nearby wells.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
29824B69-B0AD-4E27-91AC-1F37BC99492C.gif
Anymore it doesn’t matter as much. Camden County we were 7G for 1/4 acre. Gloucester County is 10G for one acre.

Damn taxes nothing like that around here

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A lot of the farmland near me is being turned into subdivisions. Some of the farmers who refused to sell for years have died off and their kids are more interested in the money than farming.

Kind of sucks for people who tried to move away from the crowds and are now being surrounded by it.
There comes a point when it's worth enough you just sell and buy farm land somewhere else

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There comes a point when it's worth enough you just sell and buy farm land somewhere else
Yep, and that is nothing new.

Back when the automobile came on the scene, housing tracts started popping up. This was mostly farmland. Right across the river from NYC was rural.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep, and that is nothing new.

Back when the automobile came on the scene, housing tracts started popping up. This was mostly farmland. Right across the river from NYC was rural.
Even though it's my grandpas farm and was my dream to own it. If land prices started pushing 10k+ around here I'd be very tempted.