By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh honey. I am 35 years old and have never had a car payment. Smh
IMG_7354.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
[
Oh honey. I am 35 years old and have never had a car payment. Smh View attachment 210168

Why the hell would someone need a car that carries a 350 dollar a month payment if you are only making $15 bucks an hour? Get an old beater you don't need full coverage on. That's the trouble with the younger people today. They think immediately after they get out of High school or graduate college they have to have the best of everything. New car, new house. Get a clue people. Pay your dues--life will get better

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
[

Why the hell would someone need a car that carries a 350 dollar a month payment if you are only making $15 bucks an hour? Get an old beater you don't need full coverage on. That's the trouble with the younger people today. They think immediately after they get out of High school or graduate college they have to have the best of everything. New car, new house. Get a clue people. Pay your dues--life will get better
Yeah my niece (pretty sure if you look up millennial there's a pic of her in the dictionary) shared that post on Facebook.

I'm like seriously you just moved 12 hours away and are so pathetic you couldn't hack it for more than a week before you called mommy and said I'm coming home.

Day I quit school was the day I started looking for a career and a place to live. My thought was just that's how it's done. I'm not living with mom and dad if I have a full time job.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

That was my philosophy too.
I always bought an older car, paid cash and only carried liability.
I did that until I was 45 or so.
I pay liability on 2 cars now ... my wife gets a new on every couple of years these days.
She is very worried that her car will break down and feels a new one will not breakdown. So far, she has been right.

rod

Retired 23 years
Yeah my niece (pretty sure if you look up millennial there's a pic of her in the dictionary) shared that post on Facebook.

I'm like seriously you just moved 12 hours away and are so pathetic you couldn't hack it for more than a week before you called mommy and said I'm coming home.

Day I quit school was the day I started looking for a career and a place to live. My thought was just that's how it's done. I'm not living with mom and dad if I have a full time job.

One of my nephews got married shortly after high school. They both had "ok" jobs so they bought a new house and 2 new cars. Less than a year later they are crying on Facebook about how all their payments are killing them ------Duh. Its not only young people. My wife has a 60 year old sister whos had good paying jobs all her life but don't have a thing to show for it because of her lifestyle. Shes been married 3 times (divorced now)-lives in a mediocre apartment and drives a POS SUV that costs her about $650 bucks a month just for payments. She drives up here about every other week just to sponge off her 92 year old mother who still feels sorry for her.

rod

Retired 23 years
That was my philosophy too.
I always bought an older car, paid cash and only carried liability.
I did that until I was 45 or so.
I pay liability on 2 cars now ... my wife gets a new on every couple of years these days.
She is very worried that her car will break down and feels a new one will not breakdown. So far, she has been right.

I was in my 40's when I bought my first new vehicle. A GMC pickup that set me back $3,995. I get a new truck about every 6 or 8 years and the wife buys a new car about every 4 years. We can afford it so why not. We won't talk about my motorcycles or other toys.

Indecisi0n

I was in my 40's when I bought my first new vehicle. A GMC pickup that set me back $3,995. I get a new truck about every 6 or 8 years and the wife buys a new car about every 4 years. We can afford it so why not. We won't talk about my motorcycles or other toys.
Toys? Please do go on.