By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
These state governments are crazy. I was talking to my sister yesterday who bought a duplex in Encinitas, CA years ago. I know it’s worth over a million now and she wants to sell it for retirement, but can’t. CA has no capital gains and all money she makes on a sale would be taxable as income. She said she’d be better off to continue renting it.
And this is the piece of work that'll almost certainly be our next governor.

For J.B. Pritzker, mansion’s disrepair has saved $230K in taxes

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
These state governments are crazy. I was talking to my sister yesterday who bought a duplex in Encinitas, CA years ago. I know it’s worth over a million now and she wants to sell it for retirement, but can’t. CA has no capital gains and all money she makes on a sale would be taxable as income. She said she’d be better off to continue renting it.
A good CPA-tax expert would do a like-kind (1031) exchange.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yeah and all of states around Illinois are significantly lower. That's not good for Illinois.

I deliver to neighborhoods full of houses that are full brick and stone with walkout basements. There are literally NO houses like that in my town. Not even the people with money. Almost all of the homes are vinyl siding to avoid the tax cost.

Those homes here would probably pay $700 a month or more in taxes. Where I deliver they may pay $200 a month.
I have customers paying 20k a year in property tax.

MAKAVELI

There is a $250, 000 exemption, 500000 for married couples per year on profits of personal real estate. But to qualify she would have had to lived in the house 2 of the past 5 years.

Returntosender

Who in the world would rent a window AC? Why not buy your own?
BE70234C-BDF1-41EE-A515-C9B54EF59F29.jpeg