By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 23 years
My dad took us tent camping as kids. It was awesome. That was our vacation.
Tent camping is ok as long as the weather is nice. I've tent camped in 25 below zero weather (no fun) and also when we tent camped at the races in Iowa once I woke up in a hell of a thunderstorm and saw the other guy in the tent holding an umbrella over his head because the tent was leaking so bad --also no fun. About 3 inches of water in the tent by the time it stopped. It makes for some HEAVY sleeping bags. :-)

oldngray

nowhere special
Tent camping is ok as long as the weather is nice. I've tent camped in 25 below zero weather (no fun) and also when we tent camped at the races in Iowa once I woke up in a hell of a thunderstorm and saw the other guy in the tent holding an umbrella over his head because the tent was leaking so bad --also no fun. About 3 inches of water in the tent by the time it stopped. It makes for some HEAVY sleeping bags. :-)
To me camping = tent. Not in a fancy camper.

Newer dome tents with an internal frame are a huge improvement over old style tents with stakes and guy wires everywhere.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Took our car to be detailed yesterday. This is what they did to our car seat and still couldn’t get it out. Idiots.

5CA18154-3F25-43DE-BE3C-90B7DFA033B1.jpeg
A226B452-B257-4A8D-A531-1142E710024F.jpeg

rod

Retired 23 years
To me camping = tent. Not in a fancy camper.

Newer dome tents with an internal frame are a huge improvement over old style tents with stakes and guy wires everywhere.
I like my camper. Its nice to have the option to flush a toilet in the middle of the night or take a hot shower. My tent camping days are over. I let my daughter and her husband use my tent when we go camping when they come. That's the ONLY time it gets used anymore