By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Tell me what you guys would do in this situation. I have a stop, Latino pharmacy, where the people working there always ignore me for a few minutes and then sign. I had a pick up there the other day. One of the girls was on the phone and kicked the box for pick up multiple times until it was at my feet. What would have been your reaction?

rod

Retired 23 years
Tell me what you guys would do in this situation. I have a stop, Latino pharmacy, where the people working there always ignore me for a few minutes and then sign. I had a pick up there the other day. One of the girls was on the phone and kicked the box for pick up multiple times until it was at my feet. What would have been your reaction?
What did she look like?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Fill out a delivery notice
and see tomorrow

542thruNthru

Told her loudly while she's on the phone that she will have to open the package now if she wants me to take it. That we can not accept packages that may be damaged. She will have to prove it before we take responsibility for her package.

If she refused I would of used a pen on the tape so that the next day I know it was the same package and refuse to accept it again.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
16A4EA63-6D3E-4DC7-A62F-25167AB50CB3.jpeg

542thruNthru

I was reading about this a few months back. They seem focused on Uber, Lyft and Amazon flex drivers.

I've only seen FedEx mentioned a few times. I don't know how their system works but I don't think they have single independent contractors anymore.
Though these are the 3 rules to determine if they fall under AB5
  1. direction of the hiring entity in connection with the performance of the work, both under the contract for the performance of the work and in fact.
  2. The individual performs work that is outside the usual course of the hiring entity’s business.
  3. The individual is customarily engaged in an independently established trade, occupation, or business of the same nature as that involved in the work performed.
Maybe @bbsam can shed some light on this.