By Invitation Only

542thruNthru

Why in the world would they even think of firing you if you performed (marginally) better without company?

Because they were pissed. Also 6 stops a hour is not marginally better. Its huge. That's 54 extra stops in a 9 hour day they could give me.

They only rode with me because of the 2 hours over allowed every day. They thought they could make me move faster. It also pissed them off that I just kept rubbing it in each day.

Also you may not know this but I had now demonstrated a certain performance and could drop to that at anytime and they couldn't do anything about it. So my center manager was very upset that I was following the methods to a T.

Fired me but he couldn't put stealing time or not following the methods. So I worked in the office for a week and he thought no OT would upset me lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
These moments right here are why I’m home. Absolutely priceless.
46398943-8EBE-4F6B-B536-922C7033C11E.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because they were pissed. Also 6 stops a hour is not marginally better. Its huge. That's 54 extra stops in a 9 hour day they could give me.

They only rode with me because of the 2 hours over allowed every day. They thought they could make me move faster. It also pissed them off that I just kept rubbing it in each day.

Also you may not know this but I had now demonstrated a certain performance and could drop to that at anytime and they couldn't do anything about it. So my center manager was very upset that I was following the methods to a T.

Fired me but he couldn't put stealing time or not following the methods. So I worked in the office for a week and he thought no OT would upset me lol.
He’s obviously never worked for a manager whose response to getting mad is you’re fired.

There’s nothing like getting fired and the steward yelling at you when you walk out....see you tomorrow.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I’ll give the TLDR version

boss had a hardon

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

These moments right here are why I’m home. Absolutely priceless. View attachment 276454

This is quite possibly the cutest FU you could have given to your co-workers------you playing Baby Daddy while they are out there busting their butts.

It would have been one thing had you gone someplace-----yes, they would be upset with you, but they would get over it. But for you to sit at home "bonding" simply because you didn't feel like playing Peak this year is inexcusable.

Are you and your wife going to have a kid every year just so that you can skip Peak?

Boomer.

rod

Retired 23 years
I've never heard that one until I came here. The closest I came to hearing something as silly as working termination was when I was on an active suspension. I screwed up during a pursuit by passing the flight vehicle. I got suspended but had to serve my suspension teaching EVOP at the academy with no loss of pay.
Kind of like those cops all trying to be the first one to the gunfight at the OK Corral in Fla.

rod

Retired 23 years
While it sounds like she almost never bathes it could also be interpreted as she bathes several times a day so not sure when the last time was.
Or maybe she only showers. I haven't sat down in a bathtub for many years but I take a shower 3 or 4 times a week depending on how busy I've been. Lately I could probably get by with one shower a week. :-)