By Invitation Only

542thruNthru

What a joke of a state

Illinois recreational marijuana is now legal with long lines at dispensaries on the first day of sales - CNN

“For too long, IL residents, particularly those that are black & brown, have been targeted and criminalized for #cannabis possession," Stratton wrote in a tweetfollowing her visit. "It's not just a new year, it's a new day. Thank you, @GovPritzker, for ending prohibition and building a more equitable Illinois."

Part of the Illinois law is also that employers cannot drug test and punish unless an employee is impaired on the job.

Except they exempted themselves from that important piece of legislation. All state employees can still be randomly drug tested and fired for using.

Stop picking on the black & brown people you racists!!

Also depending on how heavy of a user you are. One hit can get you pretty stoned.

And yes @Wally today's stuff is much stronger than back in the day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stop picking on the black & brown people you racists!!

Also depending on how heavy of a user you are. One hit can get you pretty stoned.

And yes @Wally today's stuff is much stronger than back in the day.
Do black and brown people not work for the state? That’s more my issue with all of it. I’m fine with it being legal but where does the state get off saying yeah we want to decriminalize it but you can’t use if you work for us.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Their (the state) high priced product will encourage criminal activity. The illegal stuff will be lowered priced and in high demand.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Except they exempted themselves from that important piece of legislation. All state employees can still be randomly drug tested and fired for using.

Should I as an employer have the right to expect my employees to be drug free?

Like booze if it’s legal your employer shouldn’t be able to fire you for doing it on your own time

I’m fine with it being legal but where does the state get off saying yeah we want to decriminalize it but you can’t use if you work for us.

I'm going to say something so don't give me S* about it. All these states that "legalize" it just choose to not prosecute. It is still unlawful in the Fed's eyes which means it the states are willfully breaking the Federal law. If and this is a very big if, the Feds wanted to they could cut off funding to the states and enforce their laws. Now we all know that's going to happen but it could.

The state level "decriminalizing" is merely for show. The states cannot open themselves up to litigation by breaking Federal law by saying, "Even though it's still illegal Federally, we will allow you, our employees of the state to smoke and possess marijuana". They just can't do that. But, I digress...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm going to say something so don't give me S* about it. All these states that "legalize" it just choose to not prosecute. It is still unlawful in the Fed's eyes which means it the states are willfully breaking the Federal law. If and this is a very big if, the Feds wanted to they could cut off funding to the states and enforce their laws. Now we all know that's going to happen but it could.

The state level "decriminalizing" is merely for show. The states cannot open themselves up to litigation by breaking Federal law by saying, "Even though it's still illegal Federally, we will allow you, our employees of the state to smoke and possess marijuana". They just can't do that. But, I digress...
I get what you’re saying. But maybe just maybe then it’s not great optics for the LT governor to be buying it lol.

It’s also BS for the state to tell other employees they can’t punish workers over it. I have a number of friends that are prison guards. From what I’ve heard lots of people have already hired lawyers and are suing the state lol.

Well thought out plan. Typical Illinois lol

Wally

I get what you’re saying. But maybe just maybe then it’s not great optics for the LT governor to be buying it lol.

It’s also BS for the state to tell other employees they can’t punish workers over it. I have a number of friends that are prison guards. From what I’ve heard lots of people have already hired lawyers and are suing the state lol.

How much revenue did the state project from this?

Lol, you know that number was way off and that money is burning a huge hole in their pockets!

Wally

Odds are they already spent the money they don't even have yet based on wildly optimistic estimates
I was thinking that. In my state they started sports betting. Huge dollars are flowing in, yet zero tax savings are flowing to the taxpayers.

Get $10, spend $100.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was thinking that. In my state they started sports betting. Huge dollars are flowing in, yet zero tax savings are flowing to the taxpayers.

Get $10, spend $100.
I think its funny when people get suckered into believing promises money will be spent on things like schools or roads. It almost always ends up in the general fund and ends up spent on other projects.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

How much revenue did the state project from this?

Lol, you know that number was way off and that money is burning a huge hole in their pockets!

Bingo Wally nailed it! The whole point of making it "legal" is to tax the S* out of the dispensaries. Employers can still set rules of conduct for their employees no matter what the law says as long as it is not in contradiction to the law. An employer can say no drinking on duty even though legally you can drink anytime you want (as long as you're not operating). An employer cannot tell their employees to consume alcohol on duty because it is legal to consume anytime.

Wally

Time will tell how this weed test goes. One little thing about illegal stuff, less people do it overall. The flip side of that is criminal activity.

My thinking is problems will arise.