By Invitation Only

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
How long you been doing plumbing?
Only since I've been with this HVAC outfit. So about a year. I can't say I care for it. I was told by someone who used work in this field that it was probably 80% electrical work. Contrarily, I'm finding it to be more 30% plumbing, 30% mechanical, 30% piddly sh*, and when I'm lucky, maybe 10% electrical and control work. I've really tried to get into it, but I just can't. The passion's not there. For me, commercial wiring contractor work is where it's at. And I'm currently working on my ticket back.

542thruNthru

Only since I've been with this HVAC outfit. So about a year. I can't say I care for it. I was told by someone who used work in this field that it was probably 80% electrical work. Contrarily, I'm finding it to be more 30% plumbing, 30% mechanical, 30% piddly sh*, and when I'm lucky, maybe 10% electrical and control work. I've really tried to get into it, but I just can't. The passion's not there. For me, commercial wiring contractor work is where it's at. And I'm currently working on my ticket back.

Move out of that :censored2:hole town to a city and you'll be able to find it.

PA... the USAs butthole

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Cool. You licensed as an electrician?

sailfish

Move out of that :censored2:hole town to a city and you'll be able to find it.

PA... the USAs butthole
That's part of the problem actually. Around here, besides the one-man independents there's maybe two larger electrical contractors and they're like a local good ol' boys club full of nepotism. Construction isn't exactly booming either. The contractor I got with in 2018 was based out in the city and I was commuting anywhere from 120 to 160 miles a day on my time in my own vehicle. I wanted to move out there but the entry level position wasn't paying enough for me to do so. Which put me in a really :censored2:ty position. Eventually it became too much and I had to find something local, which led me to where I am now. I like living here but I'm going to get bored if I'm not doing that kind of work. This is why I see the IBEW as my best option, as union apprenticeships will actually pay enough for me move.

sailfish

Leaving this will be tough.

20191223_164306-jpg.277075