By Invitation Only

542thruNthru

Lol. I just had a cashier at a grocery store ask me if I was union. I told her no, but UPS is. She said, Anyone who’s union should lose their job because they ruin it for the rest of us.
Don’t know what her reasoning was but I didn’t care to ask.

Got into it with my sister in laws friend at a get together. She's a AT&T manager. She was complaining about unions and how she keeps getting grievances and how these employees need to realize they work for her and she makes the rules.

I told her if that were true you wouldn't be dealing with grievances and maybe the reason you are is because you don't actually have any power and you can't get any respect at work or at home because you're a whiney bitch.

I'm not allowed to talk to her any more. :(

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Got into it with my sister in laws friend at a get together. She's a AT&T manager. She was complaining about unions and how she keeps getting grievances and how these employees need to realize they work for her and she makes the rules.

I told her if that were true you wouldn't be dealing with grievances and maybe the reason you are is because you don't actually have any power and you can't get any respect at work or at home because you're a whiney bitch.

Ask her about AT&T exploiting the system, importing foreigners to replace qualified Americans.

542thruNthru

Yep. They had long time employees train their replacements, then they were canned.

It's not just AT&T. My wife has a lot of direct reports that are H1B1. People complain all the time about them. When companies do layoffs they rarely get touched.

Qualcomm is big in San Diego. Tons of their workers are H1B1 also.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's not just AT&T. My wife has a lot of direct reports that are H1B1. People complain all the time about them. When companies do layoffs they rarely get touched.

Qualcomm is big in San Diego. Tons of their workers are H1B1 also.
Aren’t those only supposed to be used if the job can’t be filled by qualified Americans?
When I went to FedEX HQ years ago for a conference there were tons of Indians in the building.

542thruNthru

Aren’t those only supposed to be used if the job can’t be filled by qualified Americans?
When I went to FedEX HQ years ago for a conference there were tons of Indians in the building.

Not that I'm aware of. Any company can sponsor a H1B1 i believe. They just have to be able to prove that they can pay them. I think its something like 60k H1B1 visas are up for sponsor a year. They just have to have a bachelors degree or higher I believe to be a H1B1 visa.

Then when they are here they can leave that company if they wish and find another one. As long as they keep getting sponsored.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I love when sups claim they don’t answer to the contract. They work for ups.

Oh you mean the same ups that agreed to a legally binding contract......usually get silence from there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Kershaw owns the giants.
D2038462-1341-4D99-B999-04968314D76F.jpeg