By Invitation Only

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Your eyes are finally opening to my brilliance
cementfrog2.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
No language here about Saturdays other than it would be OT if a 6th punch. UPS can do pretty much what it wants to. It boils down to basically whether it would make more money for UPS.

LeadBelly

Banned
Let's ask @LeadBelly2.0 Hey lead, can they run a full Saturday operation without local approval?
I'm not invited in here so I'll make this cameo at your request.

Yes they can in the central region. We had our meeting and I would guess ever local would get this meeting. The company doesn't want it to be a volatile situation between the local and the company. They are touting this as the next big thing since NDA air delivery. They think this service will bring a lot of volume into ups.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Yes they can in the central region. We had our meeting and I would guess ever local would get this meeting. The company doesn't want it to be a volatile situation between the local and the company. They are touting this as the next big thing since NDA air delivery. They think this service will bring a lot of volume into ups.

Agree

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Winner.
@RonBurgandy??????????
Breaking-News-You-Just-Got-Burned-Funny-Burn-Meme-Image.jpg

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Smh.... I at least hope seniority employees aren't gonna have to do this. Not what I wanted to hear. O well. Thanks brother. Your the best Appreciate the info

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The problem is it would be low revenue volume. Unless there is big enough surcharge to make economic sense. I'm sure it won't make much until it gets enough stop density.

Can they use regular air drivers and pay them the lower rate to deliver Saturday ground?

They shouldn't. If they deliver ground they get top rate of pay

LeadBelly

Banned
Smh.... I at least hope seniority employees aren't gonna have to do this. Not what I wanted to hear. O well. Thanks brother. Your the best Appreciate the info
Seniority will determine who is forced to work. I know people will resist this change. If I was a lower seniority employee I would be upset, but you have to understand that while you are drinking your beer on the weekend watching the usps and Fedex deliver that your company would sooner than later have to compete with this service. A lot of big shippers turn us off on Thursday for pickups.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Seniority will determine who is forced to work. I know people will resist this change. If I was a lower seniority employee I would be upset, but you have to understand that while you are drinking your beer on the weekend watching the usps and Fedex deliver that your company would sooner than later have to compete with this service. A lot of big shippers turn us off on Thursday for pickups.

Agree